Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

SSCB #58 Halfway and Blog Hop!


Play along in the hop with the SSDT by leaving comments on their blogs. You can leave comments through Sunday August 21st. There will be a $20 Serendipity Stamps Gift Certificate for one lucky commentor. The winner will be announced on Mary's blog Monday August 22.  
There is still time to play along in the monthly challenge and another chance to win! For the month of August the theme is Fabric! You can find all the information here on the SSCB.

In the mood for some shopping?
Mary is offering 40% OFF the highest priced item in your cart!
Use code"40fromhigh816"
Sale good August 17-21

On with the Hop!
You should be arriving here from


The theme is baby and fabric.... no fabric in the house, as my crafting is limited to paper and scissors only. One hobby gets me in to more than enough trouble! So I pulled out a quilted embossing folder to meet the challenge. I get tired of the the traditional baby blue and pink so I thought I'd change it up with this teeny little giraffe and used the animal colors through the rest of the card. I used Copics to color up the little giraffe and the same Copics to color the Words and Frame Die Cut. With the frame and words I colored the paper prior to die cutting - much easier than after!

It's a die only day for my card and here's the list of what I used from Serendipity:

Copics: E37, E34 and E31


This month's theme is all things Baby! And this is the blog hop order for today!
Get hopping and check out the cute cards!
 Jenny Gropp - you are here!

17 comments:

  1. Adorable! Great idea to use the little charm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so cute Jenny. Love the quilt effect in the middle. This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Jenny: fabric is not a 'staple' in my collection either! Fortunately, I had some wee fabric flowers for my card! Your use of the embossing folder to create a quilt: brilliant! A darling card in every way!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! I've never seen that giraffe look cuter! Love that trim of twine too - it's all in the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Jenny! I'm a serial monogamist when it comes to crafting. I do a craft for 10 years then switch it up. So I have collections of yarn, fabric, stamps etc. It's a bit ridiculous! The little giraffe is adorable! And I love the color - fun to use something other than pastels for babies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Love the quilt embossing layer. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Love the color choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card. Like the color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! I've never seen this quilted embossing folder before. Works perfectly here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely--I like the quilted look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The die is so elegant.
    Looks great on a card for a baby.
    Love the giraffe.
    Fun to use only dies instead of having to
    stamp too.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute. Love the use of the quilted embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this! Love the quilting and the giraffe!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Love the little giraffe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so super sweet! I just love your "quilted" background!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete