Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Make it Metallic with Rainbow Tape!

Make it Metallic with RainboTape!
 The gold and silver metallic tapes comes in various sizes and are super shiny.  Perfect to add to your holiday cards! I created a shaker card with all the metallic elements on the card created with Rainbow Tape.

I used 1/4" Gold and 1/4" Silver for my project. The gold and silver tapes are great colors with a bright metal finish and I was very impressed with how the finished die cut pieces turned out

 I just added the strips of tape down on card stock prior to die cutting. I used the Gold and Silver Tape in 1/4" widths.

Look at my two toned die cut above! It has a beautiful finish to it and it was easy peasy to create. You can see my negative piece after I die cut. I repeated the same process with the snowflake dies.

Around the card edge I used more of the 1/4" Gold Tape. I overlapped the corners and stuck my scissors in to miter the corners before I stuck it down.

I created a framed shaker card with clear seed beads in the middle. The clear beads catch the light and look super behind the metallic pieces.

On the inside I used a strip of both metallics along the edge of the card liner. Finished card is an A2. 


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jenny! The close up shots really show the shine and detail. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to use that metallic tape, which I have a lot of but never use. Thanks for sharing your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rainbow metallic tape is amazing. I love the snowflakes and the Merry Christmas die cut as well as the outline of the card. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete