Pages

Friday, August 19, 2016

Hop Day 5 - Are you a good witch or a bad witch?

WELCOME!
It's day five of the Rainbow Hobby Tape Designer Hop!
All week we are sharing fun ways to use Hobby Tape and giving away prizes!!

Make sure that you comment on all the blogs this week, like us on
 Facebook and follow the Hobby Tape Blog for a chance to win 5 prizes! Comments for all the posts will be open until 8pm August 21st.

You can see the list of designers at the Hobby Tape Blog each day. All winners will be announced on Monday August 22nd.

It's a brand spankin' new team we've put together for a fun product! I'm the last to share this week and the others did some fab projects! I urge you to follow the links above, leave a little comment love and then you can WIN! There's five prizes up for grabs!
Rainbow Tape (aka Hobby Tape) has some vibrant colors in a lot of different widths. It's a crepe tape... think washi tape but it's matte and it sticks and stays in place! The tapes can add some great little detailing to your card or scrapbook pages. The orange and purple colors called for me to make a Halloween project! The little witchy legs image from IO, are perfect to pair up with a Crazy Bird. 

 I brought my witchy bird to life with a few Copic markers.

 I sorted out some different sizes of Rainbow Tapes... but I needed a little bit of a different green to match my polka dot paper. SO.... COPIC marker to the rescue! Yep, you can use your Copic markers on the White Tapes to make your own custom colored tapes!

 I put my 1/8" white tape down lightly to color it and then was able to pull it back up with no problem. 

 I used my small grid mat to help me keep straight when I added my tape. After I had it all lined up neatly, I used my bone folder to burnish it down and folded the edges to the back of the panel. The Copic colored tape turned out great, perfect limey Halloween green!

Rainbow Tapes used:

I especially love the skinniest black tape, the black 1/32" width. I could cut that or glue that that tiny of a strip if I tried! Great little extra details with fun color! 

  • Stamps: Impression Obsession #D19282 Good Witch Bad Witch, Impression Obsession #D19286 Witchy Woman, Tim Holtz's Crazy Birds and Accessories Set
  • Dies: Lawn Fawn Square Stitched Frames, Spellbinder's Grand Scalloped Squares, Rectangle Dies
  • Other: Perfect Layer Rulers, Copics, Foam Tape, Glossy Accents, Rainbow Tapes

4 comments:

  1. Awesome coloring and layering! Thanks for the tip on making a custom colored tape too! Love your fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely and fun card!
    Thanks for the tip about the tape!
    Love the way you have changed the bird with that witchy legs :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of the cutest crazy birds yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love the coloring. Great tips!!

    ReplyDelete