Pages

Friday, July 1, 2016

Serendipity Stamps Challenge #57 - Just Add Water


It's summertime and all you need to do is "Just Add Water" to play in the  Serendipity Stamps challenge. Design with SS stamps or dies and create anything that is associated with water! All the details on how to play along in the challenges can be found here on the SSCB

If you haven't heard...Serendipity has two new very talented gals on the DT.

Please give a BIG warm welcome to Patti and Carol!

Here's some inspiration from all the gals at SSDT!

WATERCOLOR --- my worst enemy! I hate putting away my beloved Copics and using anything else. I always struggle with water based markers. I dusted off the Zig Clean Colors and grabbed some watercolor paper and got to it. I will say I do like using the Zigs more than any other water based markers. I used cork paper as one of my layers, so even though the card is super simple it has a little texture going on.

Serendipity Stamps and Dies:

 I colored the mug twice, cutting the second one out. I curled the paper and adhered it using paper crafting silicone. The little curved dimension really helps it pop from the page.

On the inside I aded the Create Die. I watercolored a little swatch and then die cut the word. Finished card is an A2.

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous job! Love that you added 3D to the mug. The cork is a great touch too - brings the idea of a design board where you post your sketches etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! For someone who struggles with water-colour (my nemesis as well; I rely on my pencil crayons...alas, no copics...maybe someday...), you have created a work of ART! Gorgeous colours, beautiful painting and the addition of the cork: ingenious (added to my wish list!). In awe...and so thrilled to be on the team with you. Inspired!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job with the water colors. The cork adds the final touch.

    ReplyDelete