Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Impression Obsession Summertime Blog Hop - Day 2!


The fun continues with Day 2 of our Summertime Hop!
 We are sharing some brand new images and some great ideas from the release! There is a chance to win an IO $25 gift certificate each day, just by leaving comments! You will have until Thursday evening, May 5th to leave comments. The winners will be announced on Friday the 6th on the IO blog.

All the goodies that you will be seeing plus many more are available NOW at your local store (Impressive Ideas for you Georgia folks) and online at
 www.iostamps.com.

Take a look at what's new!

IO has some great vintage trucks and car stamps. Gary Robertson has done quite a few scenes with them and in this release our Dina created an awesome clear set! I stamped the image with Memento on Neenah White card stock and used Copics to color it up.

  I never do grungy well.... have problems knowing when to stop! I added some stampings of the gears and then sponged black ink around the panel. I added glossy accents to the car windows and headlights, which gives it a little shiny highlight amongst all the grunge.

On the inside, more of the same! The Father's Day sentiment comes in the same clear set as the car image. Finished card is an A2.

  • Stamps by Impression Obsession: CL672 Timeless Classic, C13448 Gears
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Kraft, Black, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Authentique 6x6 Durable Collection
  • Other: Copics, Glossy Accents, Perfect Layer Rulers

36 comments:

  1. LOVE it! I am always looking for ideas for masculine cards, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine card! Love that vintage truck

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome card Jenny. I think you did an amazing job. (I have issues knowing when to stop as well, so I get it! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vintage feel of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful masculine card! My Dad would love this!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific card! Masculine cards aren't the easiest and you did GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Father's Day card. You've captured the "grunge" look perfectly and I love the vintage truck. My Dad would have loved your card as he had this style truck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The grunge is perfect. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your wonderful card. Perfect vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The vintage look is perfect with this set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Think this card is just perfect and you have captured everything that is great for a Fathers Day card. I wish I still had my Dad to make a special card for, but unfortunately he passed away many years ago.

    Love the colours you have used, very effective.

    crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. GORGEOUS JOB JENNY!! I LOOOOVE the vintage feel of this masculine card. (I too like to make my masculine cards, vintage!) ;) AND you EVEN DID the inside!!! GORGEOUS WORK!!! ;)(LOVE all the gear work!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card - inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you got the perfect grunge look - what a great card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that sentiment on the front of your card!! Great stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite part of these blog hops is discovering new artists. I love your father's day card - I struggle with masculine cards so it's nice to have this example. And I also love the other cards of yours I have seen - very elegant. Thanks so much for sharing; you are now going on my blogs-to-check-out-list!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful masculine card! I agree, this stamp set is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. amazing card, so many details to look at

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my heavens and stars. I just had to Pin it to my masculine board. What an outstanding card that wowed me the moment I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great male card, thanks.
    Rene from OZ x

    ReplyDelete
  21. A fabulous masculine card, Jenny! I really like your grungy colour scheme and all the fabulous layered images - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome card! Love the colors you used.
    natgodfrey4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful Father's day card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love vintage masculine cards and everything about this one is wonderful. I love the kraft background and layered images.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a cool card! I love the background you designed with the stamping. And the car as the focal point. Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Even though there's plenty of brown shades, this card has lots of popping color.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a perfect card for a guy! My guy in fact. Anything with cars... This set is really a wonderful set of images and sentiments. It's now on my wish list. Thanks for the inspiration! kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW!! This is one awesome and cool masculine card! The sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Totally awesome vintage card. Perfect for Dad!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a great vintage card for a guy! Love the way you used the car-stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You did an amazing job showcasing the truck image! Like the way you finished the inside of the card too.

    ReplyDelete