Pages

Friday, April 8, 2016

Impression Obsession teams up with Chameleon Markers!

It's FRIDAY! This month IO has teamed up with Chameleon Markers for Friends Friday events where the two Design Teams are merging products and sharing some creativity.
You can got o the company blogs for all the details and links to the other posts for today! Of course there are some markers up for you to win... as always leave the comments for a chance to win!

 Most of you know I'm a Copic girl, but there is definitely room in my coloring heart for Chameleons! I've been playing with them since they first arrived on the scene and have always enjoyed sharing them. In a lot of ways I think they are the easiest alcohol based markers that you can learn to use. You can always mix your Copics with them as well. 

 Today I only 4 markers for my butterfly shown above. I overlapped colors everywhere to create the shades I wanted. I do not use the Colorless Blender, I just use layered colors.  I actually was going to step out my coloring... and then I got to caught up in it and totally forgot. I'll do some florals soon with Chameleons and step it out! Chameleons are the perfect makers for an image like this that has tiny areas. Very easy to get controlled gradient color in those smaller areas.


I kept the card simple and left the butterfly be the star today. I cut it out and added it to the card with silicone after curling the wings a bit and adding some paper sliver antennae.  I used just a portion of a stamp inking up FLY only. I covered it with Glossy Accents and you can see it is still wet by the bluish tint... literally right off the desk! 
Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card just love the butterfly - crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I pinned it to my Just Plain Cool board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful coloring on this gorgeous butterfly! I love the design and detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Jenny my jaw dropped when I saw this masterpiece, thanks for playing with Chameleon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete