Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Be BOLD add Layers!

Who can resist the Bird Crazy Bandwagon? I had to have them. I'm hoping for some Crazy Cats and Crazy Dogs next! I used a Gelli Print background that I had in my stash instead of printed paper. My big eyed bird is colored up with Copic Markers and the same for the sentiment strips.

You don't have to get crazy with layers.... just a few extra layers makes this card pop! Simple 1/16" and 1/8" layers are made SO easy with Perfect Layer Rulers! You can see that the extra line between the alphabet and the bird really gives it a lot of definition and separates the two panels. The Mini Rulers are definitely a tool favorite for me.

On the inside... a little extra 1/8" edge above my alphabet panel helps me use up scraps and bring all the colors to the inside finishing it off! Finished card is an A2. 

  • Stamps: Tim Holtz Bird Crazy and Coordinating Dies, Dyan Revealey Stamps "Don't Hold Back"
  • Dies: #DIE160-U Alphabet Dies by Impression Obsession, Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle
  • Paper: Bo Bunny Double Dot, Gelli Printe Background, Mulberry, Black, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White #110
  • Other: Copics. Foam Tape, Glossy Accents 


4 comments:

  1. Love those crazy birds! Your card is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, love your layout and colours!
    These funny birds are just gorgeous :))

    ReplyDelete