Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas Tree Farm



 Love this little Christmas Tree Farm scene image. I thought I'd share a little coloring tutorial with you and show you how a couple of simple layers with the fabulous Perfect Layer Rulers can create a fast holiday card.

 I cut the image out using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Rectangle Dies. My favorite ink to stamp when using Copics or Chameleons is always Memento.  I added a little soft color for the sky and snow. 

 A little grey on the barn roof with N3 and N1. I used the E's to color in the wooden sign and barn.

 The trees were just dabbed quickly with a little bit of green.

 I used a White Sharpie Fine Tip pen to add some snow dots on to the scene.

 I used my Mini Perfect Layers to add 1/16" layers to my card panels. Love that little skinny line! A sharp craft knife is key to getting smooth clean cuts.

 It's hard to see the sparkle... but I added Bo Bunny's Sugar Glitter Paste all over the scene to bring it to life with some holiday glitz!

On the inside I added the sentiment and once again framed the liner with my Perfect Layer Rulers, adding a red mat. Finished Card is an A2.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny,
    This card is absolutely perfect. Quiet, peaceful...what we all can use anytime! Thank you too for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Didn't take too much work in coloring to make tha card fabulous! What a cute scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jenny, this is so beautiful - what a wonderful scene! I've never scene one like this with a Christmas tree farm! Darling and so beautifully colored along with the "snow" and elegant layout! Very "Jenny" indeed. Hugs, and wishes for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete