Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Serendipity Stamps Challenge #49 - Happy Holidays!





SSCB#49 Happy Holidays! The holidays are creeping up fast! We're looking to see how you celebrate the season. Are you traditional? Will you add a little sparkle to your design? How about a flashback to your childhood? No matter how you celebrate the season we can't wait to see your projects. Just be sure to include at least one Serendipity Stamps image (stamp or die) to your project. You have until midnight US EST on December 7 to join us.  Our next challenge and winner will be announced on December 9. Check all the rules on how to enter the challenge on the Serendipity Stamps Blog.



Need a little inspiration?  
We have a special guest this month!  Hazel Hodgkins from Hazel's Paper Designs!  I hope you'll give her a big hello! After checking out Hazel, cruise on to the DT's blogs and see what they have today:


 I went for a clean and simple feel today, but somehow still ended up with six layers. I only stamped a portion  of the candle image... it has a little handle and holly attached to it, but it didn't fit in to my stamp plan. I simply masked it off before stamping. 

 On the inside I used Versafne Crimson Red to stamp the sentiment. Isn't this wording perfect with the candle image?

I colored the image with Copics. Some of the layers are popped up using foam tape to add a little dimension. Finished card is an A2.

  • Serendipity Stamps:  Candlestick #1237E, Warmest Wishes #1231E
  • Ink: Versafine Crimson Red, Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Red, Brown
  • Other: Spellbinder's Scallop Edge Frame #S5-011, Copics, Perfect Layer Rulers, Lawn Fawn Rectangles, Polka Dot Embossing Folder


3 comments:

  1. I had to do a double take.. this looks so clean Jenny! The candle took my complete attention... my double take had me in awe.. again.. all those layers... love that skinny bitty matt cut.. and the beautiful scallop die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful framed image Jenny! The candle is new to me and I love the simplicity of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! I love the layers of paper and the beautiful contrast of the red and white! Beautiful Christmas card!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete