Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Impression Obsession: Feeling blue....

Feeling BLUE... that's this week's challenge from Impression Obsession. Join the IO Team and play along in our challenge for a chance to win a $25 Impression Obsession gift certificate. Just use IO stamps or dies, the color BLUE, create and link up! You don't have to have a blog to play! For more challenge info you can go here to the IO Blog.

Check out the BLUE inspiration the DT has for you today:

 The sentiment is from the Christmas Words Set. I pulled out the heat gun and embossed with white detail EP. As much as I love my Copics and coloring, heat embossing with stamps was this first big "Ahhhh" moment for me with stamping!

 I die cut several layers of flowers from the Large Poinsettia Die set, I pinched the leaves to give them a little body. Before glueing them all together I also added some sparkle. It's hard to see in the pic, but I brushed on a coat of Bo Bunny's Sugar Glaze on the light blue leaves. It has an iridescent sparkle. On the center of the poinsettia I added a glob of white liquid pearl pen and set some Swarovski crystals on top while it was still wet. A few little Berry Branch Dies got added in the mix too.

On the inside liner I used a few small flowers from the Small Poinsettia Die set. The sentiment is Very Merry Christmas stamped in a yummy ice blue color. The finished card is an A2.


7 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful, love the soft blue colors. thank you for always showing the inside of your cards as well, co-ordinates the whole design. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Jenny! Love the poinsettia!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo Pretty!! Love your poinsettia!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW....this is a show stopper for sure, Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks so much for popping by to comment! this is gorgeous! i love the plaid and the dimensional poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete