Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Impression Obsession: Fall Leaves

Fall Florals... that's this week's challenge from Impression Obsession. Join the IO Team and play along in our challenge for a chance to win a $25 Impression Obsession gift certificate. Just use IO stamps or dies, create and link up! You don't have to have a blog to play! 
For more challenge info you can go here to the IO Blog.

Check out the fall inspiration the DT has for you today:

Fall is my favorite... the best weather, beautiful rich colors, pumpkin pie (need I say more?). It's my favorite season and my favorite cards to make. Whether it's coloring fall leaves and pumpkins with Copics or creating fun Halloween cards... I love it all! And I know the challenge was Fall Florals... so I'm cheating a bit using just leaves. Just go with it! I'm a big fan of leaving white space on card and I struggle with it constantly. ask me to throw together ten layers... no problem, but keeping it CAS isn't easy to me. I thought I'd try my hand and keeping it clean with a few pops of bold color today.

 I could honestly color fall leaves for HOURS. Everyone turns out different... you can mix a ton of Copics, layering and mixing your colors endlessly.

 The leaves are cut out and popped up to be at the same height as the stitched frame. I added a few enamel embellishments. All of the stamps used are packed in one yummy fall clear set called Autumn Leaves.

On the inside, I always add a liner to my cards. I stamped and colored some matching small leaves, leaving lots of room for a little note to written. The finished card is an A2.


5 comments:

  1. Jenny, this is gorgeous! I know what you mean about layers being easier, but you've got the CAS thing DOWN! Glad to hear The store is getting close!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply beautiful. love your coloring of the fall leaves. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous. I love the colors of the beautiful leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your leaves are beautiful and make me want to color some too. Time to get out my leaf stamps. Thank you for sharing your skilled coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you made the inside finished also. The leaves are wonderful and show the autumn colors so well. Thanks for sharing your artistry with us.

    ReplyDelete