Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Serendipity Stamps Challenge #47 -Stamp a Background!

SSCB#47 -  Backgrounds!  This week we're asking you to put away the patterned paper and create your own background.  There are so many popular techniques - watercolor, multiple stamped images, distress - the choice is yours - any theme - any occasion - just make sure you include at least one Serendipity Stamps image on your design!!


Our favorite design will receive our winner blog badge and one random winner of this challenge will receive a $20 discount off their next order from Serendipity Stamps.You have until midnight US Eastern Standard Time on October 5 to link your project. The winner and our next challenge will be posted on October 7. 

Check out the latest specials going on at Serendipity!
I took a peek and the DT is definitely ready for fall... some great inspiration with the new fall images! 
Diane Jaquay - Special September Guest!


We are just starting to see the first hint of fall coming here in Atlanta! I think it's by far my most favorite season... crisp cool weather and beautiful colors of the changing leaves! I used the whimsical little leaves from the new Fall Pops stamp set.

I used a combination of Copics... putting spots of color down and then using the yellows to smooth and blend the colors together. I used Spellbinder's Grand Circles to cut out the circle panel. I traced a black line along the inside of the die prior to taking the paper out of the die.

I used some of the Copics to just scribble a quick blend on to white paper and then die cut the new Autumn Die. You can see my blending is not smooth on the paper at all. When you cut it out... you "see" the die cut rather than the small color transition lines. Try it!

I added a banner for my word die. I gently curved the banner and then used paper silicone to pop it up to hod the curve of the banner. Can't resist the adding of a little loopy bow! Just can't!

 I added the new Take Time sentiment on the inside.

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Fall has the best colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful card. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card and the colors you used. I tried making my own patterned paper and I was very pleased with the results. Fun!!! TFS Jan D., FL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this sweet round card! The blended sentiment is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pretty little leaves floating across the round card, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous coloring as always!! Love those leaves!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Jenny! Love your little scallop circle card & the fab fall colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just took it up a notch Jenny! Love the color block base - did a double take on that.. then the COLORED die cut? Brilliant. I already knew you could color like a mad fiend! That's a given... but you're still blowing me away.. only in more ways now!

    ReplyDelete