Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Boo Shaker!

HAPPHAUNTING!

Ghost, goblins and spooks...oh my! Even if you don't send out Halloween cards, you have to admit that they are really fun to make. When else can you pair orange, green and purple and have it look cute? Join the IO team and play along in our challenge to win a $25 Impression Obsession gift certificate. Just use IO stamps or dies, create and link up! You don't have to have a blog to play!
For more challenge info you can go here to the IO Blog.

Check out the cards the DT has created for you today:

 This new Boo Die is a great focal point for an easy Halloween card! I used some rubbery kind of paper I had in my stash to cut it out and also added a coat of Black Wink of Stella over the top --- as usual Stella doesn't like to show up on the pictures... but it's shimmery and shiny in person! On all the paper layers I sponged a little back ink around the edges.

 I have a generous bag of these metallic sequins, so instead of just putting a little in to the shaker pouch - I filled it to the brim! They still rattle around and shake. I framed the shaker pouch with the Shaker Die Cut, using the houndstooth orange paper. I hand cut the additional black layer. I used black foam tape to raise up the Boo from the shaker pouch.

On the inside, I used the spooky sentiment from the clear set If the Broom Fits. I used just a portion of one of the new Halloween Landscape Layers to embellish the corner.... love that scraggly looking tree. Finished card is 5" square.

2 comments: