Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Serendipity Challenge #45 - Monochromatic

It's time for the July challenge from Serendipity Stamps. This month it's all about ONE color, that's right just choose one color to focus on and make something that is monochromatic. Check out the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog to find all the deets on how to play along with the Design Team and win a gift certificate for a little summer shopping!
If you are doing a little summer shopping, right now you will receive a free craft pick with your order of $25 or more. I use them all them time to help poke out die cuts and all those little fiddly bits!

Check out the monochromatic cards for today...


I won't lie.... this monochromatic challenge has not come easy for me! All I could think while I made this card is that I wanted to add black layers.... Black would have made this pop so much more! I followed the rules. I popped up the circle with foam tape. The Hello die cut is affixed by just the top portion, which makes it look like its floating a bit.  Finished card is an A2, but the circle sticks out beyond the side of the card.

  • Stamps and Dies by Serendipity Stamps: #1239G Train on Track, Hello Die #027DD
  • Ink: MFT Red 
  • Paper: Neenah Baronial Ivory, Bazzill Red, Gingham Pattern - Graphic 45
  • Other: MISTI Stamp Positioner, Perfect Layer Rulers, Bow Easy Tool, Jute String, Misc. Button, Foam Tape, Spellbinder's Circle Dies

8 comments:

  1. Oh my. This card is just beautiful. You picked a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be one of my favorite cards. It looks easy to make yet it is striking when you look at it. Well done the colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great masculine card. Love the color you chose...and all the papers match so well. Great design...nice job. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I've viewed all the designer entries for this challenge, and yours is by far the best. You have the best example of what mono-chromatic means. Your card is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful color and design. I love how you placed the tags, it accents the image perfectly. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so stricking yet so simple.... I love it! I have a train stamp that I've always struggled with using... but this may be the answer I've been looking for.... diffently going to give it a try...
    Always love to see what your next post is ... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, Jenny! Love the red and the long pennants behind the train are really super.

    ReplyDelete