Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Serendipity Stamps #44 My Guy

It's the start of a new month which means...a new challenge at Serendipity!
 Last month we had "My Girl" so it's only fair that we have a challenge for the boys too! 
We love seeing your designs and hope that you will play along. One entry will be chosen randomly and as always there is a $20 Serendipity Gift Certificate up for grabs. 
All challenge details can be found here on the SSCB.

The DT is adding texture to our designs along with My Guy as our theme. Before we take a look at what the girls have come up with, we have a guest designer to welcome for this month.
Tracey McNeely you can visit her here ----> In My Creative Opinion

Here's the line up for today:
Tracey McNeely...June Guest Designer


 I used the Books image today for our guy themed challenge. Simple black and white always works for a masculine card. I stamped the books twice, masking the image to let it overlap a bit. I just added a teeny bit of shading with Copic C5,C3 and C1.

I used a brick background embossing folder to add a little texture along with a jute bow. On the embossed background I rubbed white ink over the top and then decided it was too bright. So after the white I dragged a black ink pad back over it to tone it down. The sentiment is popped up with foam tape to add a little extra dimension. Still super slim and easy to mail!


5 comments:

  1. Its beautiful Jenny and the twine looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. Love the books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being an avid reader, I LOVE the books! Also the black and white combo. Hadn't thought of that for male cards. Also liked yr embossed brick and twine. It has "Guy" all over it. Thanks, Jenny, for the inspiration.
    From Canton, GA :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Jenny! The simple black/white is so striking & I love the brick embossing on the bg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete