Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Serendipity Stamps Challenge #43 - My Girl

Our challenge this week is "My Girl" for Serendipity Stamps. Join us and play along for a chance to win a gift certificate and do a little shopping! Just make something with a feminine feel to it and use Serendipity Stamps! Find all the details on the Serendipity Challenge Blog.

Check out the team today:

 Our challenge this week was to create something feminine with the twist of using pieces of die cuts. Instead of going with pinks and girly colors, I went with white and ivory.  I love the soft look of this and think it always comes off as elegant in almost any theme.

Part of our challenge was to use a "partial" die cut. I used the flowers from the Floral Frame to stud the outside of the frame die.

 I only used adhesive down the center of the butterflies, curving the wings bit just using my fingers. I deliberately stacked them a little off center to help show the layers.

On the inside I added a ribbon and the pretty Mother's Day Script.



19 comments:

  1. This is one of the most outrageously beautiful cards I've ever seen. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathtakingly beautiful! I can see this as a wedding card too....perhaps with two butterflies. Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is lovely and so worth the time you've put into it! These Serendipity products are new to me, thank you for sharing I'll look into them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, this is one breathtaking card! And the extras you added are sensational! TFS!
    kReN@http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...that is stunning!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! Did you use a different die for the top floral layer? Or did you trim it down a bit? It looks smaller than the middle floral layer and shows off the different layers beautifully. Your arrangement is just gorgeous and I'd love to make a layered set like for many of my cards. Please write me at sueigor@embarqmail.com if you have the time. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful! White & ivory are so perfect together & I love the die cuts & crystals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So elegant! Clever to use the negative die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! that looks both beautiful and incredibly time consuming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and stunning, with lots of love...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really beautful! Please share the name of the quatrefoil/trellis-like background die you used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card, your design is beautiful, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness ,this is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of the most beautiful cards I've ever seen!!! Gorgeous!!
    Can you tell us what's the name of the frame die you used in the background?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! So elegant! Your cards are always "finished" so well inside and out! You have such patients! :) Thanks for inspiring! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply elegant! Can you share the name of the background trellis like die you used? It doesn't match the one you gave. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Elegant, stunning, incredible. This card is quite a work of art. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete