Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Impression Obsession: You did it!

It's an Impression Obsession Thursday! Our theme for this week's challenge is YOU DID IT! Join us and surprise someone with a card in the mailbox! Play along with us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate! Find all the details on how to enter your card on the Impression Obsession Blog

See what inspired birthday designs the team inked up this week:
Jenny Gropp - You are here!

 Our theme this week is "you did it" and that could mean anything.... so drop someone a card in the mail and let them know that you are proud of them! It could be for something small or a big event.. but having someone recognize an accomplishment always makes it that much sweeter! I thought this fun road map stamp could cover a lot of occasions.

 I used my Mini Mount to stamp. This is perfect for those larger stamps and really helps me get a better stamped image. I always stand up when I use the rocker type blocks... I do think it gives me more even pressure. 
You can see I stamped the image twice and did a little paper surgery with one image, cutting out the inside using an Xacto knife.

 Copics used: BG57, BG53, BG11, BG34
At first I started coloring trying to follow the lines weaving in and out. I soon gave up and just went for a color blocking look.

 On the inside of the cut out portion I did use a Memento Black Marker to edge... just giving the edges a little extra definition to help them stand out. Foam tape raises the top image up slightly to create the window. The little white dots I embellished with Viva Clear Gloss Gel so they look like little raised glass pearls.

On the inside I stamped a simple sentiment from the Warm Fuzzies Clear set. Finished card is 4" x 5 1/2" and opens tent style.
  • Stamps by Impression Obsession: Road Map #J15058, Warm Fuzzies #CL492
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedu Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Bazzill Aqua Heavy Weight, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Pattern Paper from Echo Park's 6x6 Collection Summer Bliss
  • Other: Foam Tape, Viva Clear Gloss Gel Pen, Copics, Memento Black Marker, 1/16" Black Rainbow Tape, Io's Mini Mount Stamp Block, Tim Holtz Embossing Folder, Perfect Layer Rulers

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. this is sooo nice. Beautiful work. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Jenny. Love the dimension with the frame, the gorgeous aqua colouring and the beautiful wording.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. this knocked my socks off. What an image, Love how you did the whole design. The colors are beautiful, the tutorial was magnificent just perfect all around. thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous stamp that is - and so beautifully coloured. It makes me think of Charles Rennie Mackintosh, somewhat. I love that extra popped-up layer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely awesome. That's a wonderful stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That stamp image really stands out with your amazing coloring skills. This is an outstanding card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card and i love the sentiment. Well done as usual.

    ReplyDelete