Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Serendipity Stamps - Spring and SHINE!

Serendipity Stamps Challenge #41 CONTINUES - Spring plus SHINE!

Our March challenge continues with the theme of spring. We had the added task of making something shine on our card with some Glossy Accents! Create any spring theme card and include a Serendipity Stamp image or die to be able to join the contest. You can find all the info on the  Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog.

Check out the designs the DT came up with this week:
We welcome Karen Dunbrook as our March Guest Designer! Be sure and pop by her blog to see her beautiful spring creation!

 Happy spring colors! Finally it is starting to feel and look a little like spring here in Atlanta with the daffodils popping up and trees starting to bloom! Thank goodness!!! I colored up this cute little bunny for my card today. It's a relatively small image (doable if you making multiples!) but still big enough to be the focus on a card front. 

I started out with my background first. Adding the B000. I used the 0 Blender to dab around the blue, giving it kind of a splotchy look. This is a great "fix" if your backgrounds are uneven or have lines!

 Here are my bunny colors. I love the E40's.... if ever in question this are the browns I head to! Beautiful midtones with no red hues. I added some W3 in to the bunny as well. The E95 is just a little dab on the nose.

 Heres the SHINE part of my card. Instead of Glossy Accents I really love Viva's Clear Gel Gloss... I find it hold dimension a little better. It is thicker than Glossy Accents but it still flows through this little fineline applicator nicely! LOVE... perfect for the tiniest spots!

 I scattered some adhesive enamel dots around to embellish! Do you see the bunny print on the blue paper... how cute is that paper!!! 

On the inside I added the Happy and Easter Dies. Finished card is an A2 and opens tent style. 
  • Stamps and Dies by Serendipity Stamps: Bunny With Paint #700E, Happy Die #026ED, Easter Die #042ED
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Echo Park 6x6 - Sunny Days Ahead, Pink, Yellow, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Copic Markers, Foam Tape, Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangles, Lawn Fawn Stitched Circles, Spellbinder's A2 Matting Basics, Misc. Ribbon, MFT Stitched Vertical Rectangles, Perfect Layer Rulers


12 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, Jenny! Beautiful coloring. Such a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love the cute image and how you colored it. Your choice of papers and colors is what makes this card a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, what is the fine tip you attached to the clear gloss? Is that the original bottle of Viva Decor clear gloss or did you put it in another bottle?

    I love all your work!

    Thanks,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! Your colring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome, Jenny! I love everything about it. I am in awe of the blue glow around it. I tried that once and could not figure out how to make it look as clean as you do! great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny, a cute little bunny, love you accents, curious on where did you find the fine pointed attachment for the clear gloss? thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet, Jenny! Your little bunny is just adorable & I love the pretty papers you used. I really need to come by and see your new shop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You color so beautiful its always a treat to visit here Jenny! Brilliant to use the gloss on the wet paint! I'm making a note to try your viva gel - never happy with my glossy accents - maybe this will solve my problems! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous coloring and great colors!! Ohh... I love Viva decor pens for dots and didn't realize they had clear gloss!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card with great coloring and very nice layout!

    ReplyDelete