Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Serendipity Stamps Challenge #41 - Jump into Spring with St. Pats!

We are starting a new monthly challenge today. It's all-out SPRING and today the DT is focusing on St. Patrick's Day Creations. I think most of the country is in agreement that spring can't get here fast enough! Create any spring these card and include a Serendipity Stamp image or die to be able to join the contest. You can find all the info on the  Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog.

Check out the designs the DT came up with this week:
We welcome Karen Dunbrook as our March Guest Designer! Be sure and pop by her blog to see her delightful spring creation!

Seriously... How is it March already? Hmmm? Time flies by so fast!
 I started to die cut and assemble my card tonight and I had a happy accident! I used pattern paper to cut my shamrock out of... I didn't want the cuts to pop out. To keep them intact, I taped multiple pieces of paper together before running the die cut. I can pull away the outside based on the outline of the die, but all the little pieces stayed glued right in place.

So... the above picture shows it cut and this is the side of the die I had intended on using for my card. It definitely looked a little bland with just the one color.

Well, somehow the shamrock flipped over on my desk and the back side ended up showing off out this great pattern... my paper was double sided. I used a stylus to push it out a bit, adding a little more dimension. Since I doubled up my paper when cutting, you can barely see any of the cut marks coming thru the backside... they are camouflaged well with the busy pattern.

I dolled it up with a bitty little bow, and added some paper crafter's silicone to the back of the shamrock to keep it nice and puffed up!

On the inside I added a quick little sentiment for the holiday! The card base and layers were cut with Spellbinder's Marvelous Squares Set.... one of my all time FAVES!

  • Serendipity Stamps and Dies:174E Top of the Mornin', 018ED Shamrock Die
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Blackbird Chalk Cat's Eye
  • Paper: Misc. Pattern paper, Neenah Classic Crest Natural White 110#, Neenah Black Linen
  • Other: Black Seam Binding Ribbon, Spellbinder's Marvelous Squares, 1/16" Black Rainbow Tape, Collall - Papercrafting silicone, May Arts Black Jute String, Bow Easy Tool, Adhesive Enamel Embellishments


We wish Mary a very speedy and smooth recovery!

8 comments:

  1. It's so nice when something like that happens with your shamrock, the whole card is a real beauty for sure! You have a way with putting papers, colors and dies together to make Beautiful Creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Great discovery on the shamrock. I need that die. Great job. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice card. It is great when something good happens and you can change your design even if it is just flipping something over. I love this card. All parts of this card came together quite nicely. Great Job!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think thats called Serendipity !!!!!! Love this card and your fun discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy accident! Dont you just love when something good happens? Love the pattern paper shamrock and all the yummy layers Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning. Love the patterned shamrock against the black. Best wishes to Mary. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a Happy Mistake! Gave your card a WOW look! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete