Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Impression Obsession - Think Spring!

It's an Impression Obsession Thursday! Our theme for this week's challenge is Think Spring! Play along with us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate! Find all the details on how to enter your card on the Impression Obsession Blog

See what inspired birthday designs the team inked up this week:


 Spring is around the corner, the daffodils have peeked up this week. Warmer weather is certainly welcome! It was good to sit down and get lost in some much needed coloring with this image: Garden Theme! I added the Sending Smiles sentiment from what is becoming one of my must have stamp sets: More Basic Greetings - it's packed full of great everyday sayings.

 I traced the inside of a die with pencil to allow some portions of the image to stick outside of the lines after I hand cut it out.  I always color my backgrounds first. I did use the 0 Blender to blot a little color out of the flowers.

Here are the remaining Copic colors I used to color the image.

 I used the Border Duo Die to cut the small scalloped edge. After I folded the card base, I taped the die in place and cut through both layers of the card edge.

 I used small cut up pieces from the heart flourish die to wrap around the edges of my image.

I added one of the beautiful new Easter die cuts on the inside.

9 comments:

  1. What a Cute card you created!!! So Sweet for Easter and Fresh at the same time.... Love the curleys sticking out from behind the layers... so playful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetly colored Easter card. Love the image and all the little details in the border, the layering and the little bow. Such delicate little touches that really make the card special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coloring for a rainy day. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, this is GORGEOUS! Your coloring is amazing! I've got to get by the store soon and see this one in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. I like to colour my backgrounds first two; it stops on the bleeding of colours. You did an impressive job on colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card. I love the colors. I am so ready for spring. Your design is great. I love the papers and dies you used and your coloring is beautiful. Great job! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful as always! You always have such beautiful combinations of colors, layers and elements! your coloring is awesome! Love those dies! welcome spring! Thank you for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is absolutely beautiful. If someone were making a card for me that knew me even just a little bit, would make one just like this

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! I haven't seen that stamp before. Perfect colors for spring :)

    ReplyDelete