Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Impression Obsession - Happy Flowers!

It's an Impression Obsession Thursday! Our theme for this week's challenge is Happy Flowers! Join us and surprise someone with a card in the mailbox! Play along with us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate! Find all the details on how to enter your card on the Impression Obsession Blog

See what inspired birthday designs the team inked up this week:
Jenny Gropp - You are here!
 I've been in coloring mode lately! I have no ideas what the flowers are in this image.. I just went with the colors I was feeling. I don't get too hung up on making things perfect! 

 I colored the background first with BG10 and then a layer of BG000 extending over it. I wanted to ground the image a bit, so I added a little table line using my Memento Tuxedo Black Marker.  I don;t think I've ever used YR24 & YR21 for flowers. I liked the color combo.... would be good for marigolds. In the below picture you can see the orange flowers are a little brighter - I added a layer of Y18 to brighten them up just a tad.

 I forgot a color in the line up! I also used G43 in the leaves. In the lightest color flowers I did use the 0Blender to blot and remove some color.

 I added some Wink of Stella... I can't resist. I hate that it doesn't show up well in pics! Stella and little bows.... on every card!

Simple little sentiment on the inside! 

  • Stamps by Impression Obsession: Just Because #B3762, Spring Vase #H1981
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Brown Bazzill Heavy Weight - Candybar, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Patterned paper from Kaisercraft's Cherry Blossom Collection (12x12)
  • Other: Foam Tape, Jute String from May Arts, Bow Easy Tool, Copic Markers, Perfect Layer Rulers, Spellbinder's Grand Rectangles and Grand Scalloped Rectangles

11 comments:

  1. I love it! Isn't the best part sitting down to color!! Beautiful card, just because!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are sunny and fresh. Just the things for a cloudy day. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh. This is nice. Thanks. Really nice coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful. You don't have to worry about getting hung up on perfection. This card is anyway. Love the coloring you did. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny, a gorgeous creation full of beauty a Happy Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this one! The colors are so perfect! This is definitely a favorite for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stamp used. Colors are exactly what you would see. Great job of coloring and design. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so pretty Jenny! Love this pretty image and as always love all the foo foo you add like that twine bow...a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great coloring. Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete