Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Impression Obsession: Birthday Wishes


It's an Impression Obsession Thursday! Our theme for this week's challenge is Happy Birthday! Join us and play along and send a happy little hello or Valentine's card out! Play along with us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate! Find all the details on how to enter your card on the Impression Obsession Blog

See what inspired birthday designs the team inked up this week:
Jenny Gropp - You are here!

I'm seeing succulent images everywhere all of a sudden! The talented Dina created this fabulous Prickly Pear image and I loved it from the moment I saw it! I had fun coloring this up... I don't think I've actually ever colored a cactus before! It's always fun t do something new. I stepped out the coloring process below. 
 I added a little blue in the background to help make the light yellow in the flowers pop out a bit more.

 Here are the rest of the colors I used to color the Prickly Pear. I colored the cactus using BG99, 96 and 93 - blending it out smoothly. Then I used BG90 to stipple small dots and remove color to add a little texture. I added a little Y32 in the mix too. 

 I cut out the Birthday Wishes from the Greeting Die Set three times, glueing them together to give it a more dimensional look. I added a touch of Clear Wink of Stella on top for a little subtle sparkle. 

 Here's the up close. I managed to resist adding a bow, letting the pretty image stand alone.

Here's the little size of the Prickly Pear image. I love it when there is a big and small of the same image! What can I say... I like the matchy matchy on the inside and envelopes too!
  • Stamps & Dies by Impression Obsession: Prickly Pear #L13327, Prickly Pear Small #E13326, Greetings Die #DIE-174W 
  • Ink: My Favorite Things Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Always Artichoke by SU, Bu Bunny Double Dot Buttercup
  • Other: Copics, Wink of Stella Clear, Foam Tape, Spellbinder's Grand Squares, Spellbinder's Grand Scalloped Squares

10 comments:

  1. Oh is this a Great image, I too love having the BIG and the small of the imagies for the inside and env. too. Your way of using this Prickly Pear images is just perfect!!! LOVE, Love, love the colors you picked and how you used them! oh my thoes flowers are just perfet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one crafty cat. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love this card and the accent inside it just sets it off. What a great idea to make large and small of same image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure makes me think of spring especially since we had windchills today of -30!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Jenny...your coloring is a-mazing, as usual and your card is lovely! It certainly does not need a bow when you have such a beautifully colored image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW !! How about coming to my house and doing all my colouring for me? This is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this image, especially living in Texas, see lots of those prickly pears. Colored beautifully.
    unusual to see such a large image but sure do like the concept and beauty.....have a good day

    ReplyDelete