Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Impression Obsession- All you need is Love....

It's an Impression Obsession Thursday! Our theme for this week's challenge is Love is All you Need! Join us and play along and send a happy little hello or Valentine's card out! Play along with us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate! Find all the details on how to enter your card on the Impression Obsession Blog

See what lovely creations the team inked up this week:
Jenny Gropp - You are here!

 I used one of the sweet new Zenspirations stamps, Greet Each Day, that was released at CHA. I thought this could be used for a Valentine but also an anytime greeting as well. It's a fast little color and you trim it to fit nicely in the Square Shaker Frame Die. I used a Chestnut Roan Cats Eye to ink the edges of the panels. It's hard to see but I added a few die cut Heart Stems under the bow to embellish. I die cut them out of red card stock and just used a brown Copic to color the stems. 

The image was colored and OOOPS!... I'm sorry I forgot to take a pic of the colors!! I stamped the little bird a second time and carefully cut it out to pop up, adding a little extra dimension. I also added a little Clear Wink of Stella Shimmer to the bird and heart.... can't resist Stella!!!! I hate that it does not show up well in pictures! 

 I used a Spellbinder's Grand Label One to create the liner on the inside. I trimmed off the top of the die so that it would not interfere with the scored hinge of the card.
On the inside, I added a little sentiment from the Clear Stamp Set Heartbeats.
  • Stamps and Dies by Impression Obsession: Greet Each Day #F15072, Heartbeats Clear Set #CL562, HeartStems #Die053-M, Square Shaker Frame #DIE002-Z
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, Cats Eye - Chestnut Roan for edging
  • Paper: Red Peppermint Bazzill Heavyweight, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Brown Pattern from Bo Bunny, Red Dots from Bo Bunny
  • Other:1/8" White Silk Ribbon by May Arts, Bow Easy Tool, Dimensional Silicone (collal), Wink of Stella Clear, Cheery Lynn Quilling Die- Small Strips,Spellbinder's Grand Labels On #LF161, Spellbinder's Decorative Grand Labels One LF018, Perfect Layer Rulers, Foam Tape

4 comments:

  1. Love the deep red and brown together, and the lacy edged die cut base is so pretty. A beautiful card, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sentiment. And the color is really unique..dark and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card. It is such a cute design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a wonderful sentiment! I love so many of the zenspirations stamps! Beautiful job! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete