Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Serendipity Stamps Challenge #39 - Part 2 - Hidden Gems

Welcome to the second half of the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog. This month the theme is to use those, "Hidden Gems". Anything goes, just be sure to include a Serendipity stamp or die in your design. New to the challenges? You can find the guidelines here on the SSCB. There is always a $20 Gift Certificate up for grabs! The winner will be announced on Feb 4th.

Here are some "Gems" to inspire you!
Kimberly Wiener...guest designer

Julie Warner...out this week

 One of the hidden gems stamps I found were these pretty daffodils. The image comes in a large size and a smaller size, which is perfect for the inside of the card or decorating the envelope.  I stepped out my process below:


 I decided to let my flowers grow "outside of the box" after stamping them I taped my bestie in place and lightly traced the inside of the die. I then cut it out by hand cutting around the flower parts that were outside the lines. I always get a lot of questions about this technique. There are ways to use the die and do this, but I don't mind a little hand cutting. To find alternate methods just google outside of the box technique.

 I used the same die that I traced the flowers with, to cut another layer in yellow.

 I started by coloring the background using BG000 and BG0000.Before coloring I made sure that any remaining pencil lines were erased.

 My bright and happy greens for the leaves: G43 and G46.

 Here you can see the yellow Copics I used for the flowers. Since the flowers were well shaded I didn't have a lot of blending work to do here, a pretty quick and easy color.

 I used foam tape in-between the layers to help add dimension.

On the inside I added a Hello Die and used the smaller image of the daffodils in the corner.
  • Stamps and Dies by Serendipity Stamps: Daffodil Large #340L, Daffodil Small #368E, Hello Die
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Bo Bunny Yellow Double Dot, Green Heavyweight Bazzill, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Copics Markers, Spellbinder's Decorative Labels 8 and Labels 8, Foam Tape


9 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful card ! I love these daffodils !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card as per usual. Love the shape of the card. Haven't tried that yet but sure want to because I do love that so much. Also love how you traced around the flowers. Great idea and it's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny this is stunning! Thank you so much for showing your technique step by step! I love the emerald green with the yellow daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunner Jenny! I love that you used the full size stamp on the cover and the "mini" on the inside. Beautiful coloring, elegant die cut... makes my heart happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love the inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super gorgeous card Jenny! Love how you colored this image!
    Penny and I can't wait to see your new location...working on a date to come and see you all :) !!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love the coloring as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh is this a Beauty!!!! So FRESH, and Pretty with the lacy die for the base card, love how you do that!!! And then the inside too... just Lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete