Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Impression Obsession - Shiny and Sparkly!

It's an Impression Obsession Thursday! Our theme for this week's challenge is Shiny and Sparkly! Join us and play along and send a Happy New Year or Valentine's card out! Play along with us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate! Find all the details on how to enter your card on the Impression Obsession Blog

See what sparkly creations the team inked up this week:
Jenny Gropp - You are here!

I'm a whole day LATE with my post...I totally got my weeks mixed up! There just wasn't enough time in the days this week, so I pulled an older favorite card from my stash to share with you. I adore the silhouette stamps and this one is such a sweet and happy image! My shiny and sparkly is the metallic thread I used around the edges.

 You can see the Copics I used here. I pierced holes around the edges, using a template to keep them even.... well somewhat even, lol! I used this fun metallic thread to stitch, yes HAND STITCH around the edge. It does take a little longer and usually I'm always looking for a short cut when crafting. But most of the time I'm watching Netflix on my ipad when I'm in the craft room, so I don't mind it taking a little extra time if I am watching some TV.
All of the layers were made using Perfect Layer Rulers, no nesties.. just simple straight layers on this one. I tied a little bow with the copper thread and glued it in the corner. I used a Viva Copper pen to add tiny little copper pearl centers on the flowers in the image. A few glittery pearls in the lower left corner to finish it off.

8 comments:

  1. Love your card and especially like the gold thread hand stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first thing that caught my eye was your hand stitching. Hand stitching, and sewing, always adds such a nice touch. I really like this card of yours. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card and the color combo you used! Great stitching. It adds so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty! you always coordinate colors so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a great card! I love that image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation in beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete