Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Impression Obsession- Mitten Weather!

It's an Impression Obsession Thursday! Our theme for this week's challenge is Winter Chills! Join us and play along and send a Happy New Year card out! Play along with us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate! Find all the details on how to enter your card on the Impression Obsession Blog

See what chilly creations the team inked up this week:
Jenny Gropp - You are here!

 It's turned a little chilly here in Atlanta... chilly for us southern folks anyway! We don't get too much true mitten weather, thankfully! But this darling mitten die makes for a cute winter card!

 I cut three mittens. Two out of the solid mint card stock, one out of the polka dot paper. I used a full mitten die on the bottom. I used one mitten to just cut a cuff piece for the top. I cut a snowflake out of the polka dot layer using one of the snowflake cut out dies. I also cut the same snowflake out of white card stock and glued the white pieces back in. After I glued them all in I ran it through my vagabond machine in a folded piece of paper (using the sandwich to cut a thin die) and that compressed the papers together, giving it a very seamless look.

I used a Frost White Cats Eye to ink the edges of all the mitten layers and the sentiment oval. The mitten measures 4 1/4" x 5" which is perfect to fit in an A2 envelope.

9 comments:

  1. Jenny, this is so sweet. I love the inlaid snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous mitten! Love the snowflake! Happy New Year to you and yours Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. snow mittens. well done. I was thinking a nice invitation for someone who would have a winter birthday, to invite friends to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a really cute mitten card Jenny. I will have to put that die on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this die set and love your creativity in making this mitten card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Jenny. I can't get enough of that mitten die. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely mitten card ! Happy New Year to you !

    ReplyDelete