Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Serendipity Stamps: Sparkle and Shine Snowman

Serendipity Stamps December Challenge continues this month with the Sparkle and Shine theme. Play along in our challenge for a chance to win a gift certificate to treat yourself to some new rubber or dies! Almost anything goes as long as you use a Serendipity Stamp or Die. One design will be chosen for the SS Winners Badge and one design will be chosen randomly for a $20 Gift Certificate to be used at the Serendipity Store! If you are new to our challenges you can find all the details here on the Serendipity Challenge Blog! New dies and stamps are coming soon in the new year, so it's a perfect time to try and score a gift certificate for a little shopping!

A big welcome to our December guest designer - Nancy Penir from Artful Notions blog!

Here's some inspiration from the DT 
Vickie Zimmer
Jeanne Jachna

Jenny Gropp - you are here! 
Julie Warner
Karen Amidon
Marybeth Lopez


 I think I maxed out on the SHINE part of the challenge this week! I used Silver Mirror Cardstock for my card base and it certainly does shine! With all the shine and the detailed die for the card base I kept the image sweet and simple! Snowmen are such a quick color and I love the cute snowmen designs from Serendipity Stamps!

I stepped out my Copoic colors today:
 If I have something that I'm leaving white in the image, I will make my background darker to help those white areas stand out. When I do a background like this I keep all of my pen strokes going in the same direction. I add the B00 and then smooth it out using the B0000.

 I added just a hint of BG10 in the snowman for a little bit of color.

 I'm hooked on the BG57 and BG53 lately... loving these colors in combination with red for winter cards.

 ooopps! I forgot to color the nose... had to go back and add a little YR04 at the last minute!

 Here's an up close... kinda hard to photograph the silver card stock. I added some little adhesive metallic nail heads around the outside of the die's design.

On the inside I stamped a quick little sentiment. I loved the curve in the sentiment along with the oval shaped card. 


7 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Jenny! I, too, love those colors together and you did a great job of coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! Love the silver a d that snowman is fabulous!!! I agree...Serendipity has fantastic snowman images!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning creation. I also really like the curved oval inscription on the base. Beautiful card,
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous! Love your blue and red shades together and your colouring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! Your blue and red combination is gorgeous and the die with the silver mirror cs is incredible! wow! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Jenny! Love your design!

    ReplyDelete