Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Impression Obsession: Holly Cake

It's an Impression Obsession Thursday! Our theme for this week's challenge is Clean and Simple! Join us and play along and knock out a few of those Christmas cards! Tis the season! Play along with us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate! Find all the details on how to enter your card on the Impression Obsession Blog

See what the team inked up this week:
Jenny Gropp - You are here!


 OK... I started with the idea of clean and simple in my head and got a little lost with the layers. I like the layers, what can I say!! Leaving the Holly Cake white made for a fast color job.

 I wanted to keep the Holly Cake white. To make that white stand out I added the blue in the background to help make it pop!

 Here are the Copics I used to color the rest of the image. I chose my colors based on the printed word paper in the background. 

 I added foam tape in between the layers for dimension. I used a Clear Wink of Stella on the white area of the cake.... It just doesn't show in the pictures. It looks sugary and sparkly in person! On the bottom edge I used just the edge of a Christmas Tag Die, cutting it in white as well and piecing the white letters back in. I also added red Swarovski crystals over the red berries for a little bling!

Here's the inside with a simple With Love sentiment. I used up the remaining paper to complete the inside. Finished card is an A2.

11 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job of coloring on this cake!!!! And I love the red bow on the plate!!! The inside is beautiful with the strip on the side to tie it all together! BEAUTIFUL job on a great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVE this card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cake reminds me of Christmas past, like in the Dickens Christmas Carol, or the Nutcracker decorations and family dinner.
    Just beautiful. Love how you made it the focal image pop. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the cake stamp. Your cake looks good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this cake would be too pretty to eat, but sure ,makes a great card. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful card! The layering is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgous, fabulous, I just love your work always!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card! I love the bright colors too.

    ReplyDelete