Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Serendipity Stamps Challenge #37 - Thankful

Serendipity Stamps November Challenge continues! Make something with a Thankful theme and play along in our challenge for a chance to win a gift certificate. This could be a card or home decor project to celebrate Thanksgiving, a thank you card, or a design featuring an image of something you're thankful for! Almost anything goes as long as you use a Serendipity Stamp or Die. One design will be chosen for the SS Winners Badge and one design will be chosen randomly for a $20 Gift Certificate to be used at the Serendipity Store! If you are new to our challenges you can find all the details here on the Serendipity Challenge Blog!

AS an extra challenge the DT was supposed to "repurpose" something for our project.

A big welcome to Lisa Minckler  From You Made Me Ink! who is our guest designer for November! 

Here's some inspiration from the DT 
Vickie Zimmer
Jeanne Jachna

Jenny Gropp - you are here! 
Julie Warner
Karen Amidon
Marybeth Lopez
 This Quilted Pumpkin is one of my most favorite Serendipity Stamps. It's an easy color in orange, or mix it up with different colors and it's a fantastic image to use for paper piecing. I wasn't very original in my "repurposing" using a paper bag to create some f my layers. Since the bag was not super sturdy, I adhered it to a heavy weight card base and then die cut it. I also inked up the edges of the paper bag pieces with a charcoal cats eye.

 I airbrushed the background using E44 and added a little piercing before removing it from the circle die. I used W4 and a black fine tip pen to add some scattered dots along the ground area.

 I used foam tape between the layers for a little extra dimension.

On the inside liner I added the Happy Thanksgiving sentiment. THe finished card is an A2, opening at the bottom tent style.
  • Stamps and Dies by Serendipity Stamps: Quilted Pumpkin, Happy Thanksgiving
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Orange, Bazzill Heavy Weight Candy Bar, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White #110
  • Other: Perfect Layer Rulers, Copics/ABS, Spellbinder's Circles, Spellbinder's Scalloped Circles, Nellie's Oval Dies, Embossing Folder by Darice, Foam Tape, White Wax String

2 comments:

  1. Jenny your card is so warm and comfy! I love the paper bag idea! I have to admit I have a stash of paper grocery bags that I hoard - it's like their collectors items! Some day you'll have to tell me how you do your piercing - do you use a template? Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweet Jenny!!! Gorgeous pumpkin card! Your coloring is gorgeous and this one would be a real treat to receive in the mail. This is my favorite time of year and I love the orange and kraft together. I had a hard time thinking of something to "repurpose" but you made it look easy here!

    ReplyDelete