Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Serendipity Stamps Challenge #37 - Thankful!


Serendipity Stamps November Challenge is here! Make something with a Thankful theme and play along in our challenge for a chance to win a gift certificate. This could be a card or home decor project to celebrate Thanksgiving, a thank you card, or a design featuring an image of something you're thankful for! Almost anything goes as long as you use a Serendipity Stamp or Die. One design will be chosen for the SS Winners Badge and one design will be chosen randomly for a $20 Gift Certificate to be used at the Serendipity Store! If you are new to our challenges you can find all the details here on the Serendipity Challenge Blog!

Want to do a little shopping? This weeks' sale is 20% off both the Thanksgiving and Autumn Stamp Categories!

A big welcome to Lisa Minckler  From You Made Me Ink! who is our guest designer for November! 

Here's some inspiration from the DT 
Vickie Zimmer
Jeanne Jachna

Jenny Gropp - you are here! 
Julie Warner
Karen Amidon
Marybeth Lopez
 I went for a sweet and simple Thank you card for this week's challenge. These are my colors!!! I love the earth tones and warm vibrant colors of autumn! I've had this little sunflower image waiting to see ink for too long! 

 I cut the image out using a stitched rectangle die and left it in the die, adding a little airbrushing using Copic YR23. You can see the rest of the Copics I used to finish the image. I also colored a second bow, fussy cutting it, to use for a little dimension. 

 I kept the inside super plain for any note to be added. I used my left over card stock to finish the inside layers. I added a 1/8" border around the stitched die cut panel using my Perfect Layer Rulers.

Here's the close up. In the end I ended up just adding the second bow with out using any foam tape underneath. The foam tape was too much and looked awkward. I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder in the background... I embossed the mustard card stock, then I rubbed it with a chestnut roan cat's eye to ink up the raised portions. After inking the panel, I ran it back through my Vagabond machine without a folder and flattened it back out again, which still leaves a little but of subtle dimension. The Thanks die cut word I cut out four times and glued them together. Stacking up the word dies like that really turns it in to an element versus just a piece of card stock. It has the look and feel of heavy chipboard in person. Finished card is an A2.

7 comments:

  1. Jenny your card is so rich and gorgeous! I love that the image goes off the edges of the card and you are so right about stacking the die cut word Thanks - it just pops right up! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like a dope always saying the same thing but wow is this ever gorgeous Jenny! I love the dimension you added with the bow and the multiple cuts on the Thanks. The background embossing is so pretty too! Absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I'm so excited to try the airbrushing at home 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love a bit of added dimension, as you did with the bow. Beautiful card !

    ReplyDelete
  5. You used gorgeous elements together to create such a stunning fall card. I love the multiple layering of your sentiment for depth and the coloring and embossing you chose are just perfect. That image is just WONDERFUL!! Would love the real deal on my door!
    Happy weekend and hugs to you. It's a been a pleasure guest DTing with you talented ladies.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Jenny! Love that image and your coloring and airbrushing look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete