Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Merry LAYERS!


 I've got a fun card to share with you today! My Perfect Layer Rulers (love the Mini Rulers!!!) and a few die cuts make for an easy holiday card! My card features an MFT Die Merry... and it is cut directly out of the card front. The red card base is heavy weight Bazzill paper (Peppermint), the heavier card base is really nice since I layered things up!

If you don't have any Perfect Papercrafting Tools yet... what are you waiting for? Use my  discount code Jgropp at check out to receive 10% off your order and you will also get a FREE cutting mat with your order of $20 or more in November! A great gift idea for a crafty friend as well as yourself!

 You can see my layered strips for the front and my inside panel here. I created all of these with my Mini Rulers. I also am a big fan of working on a grid mat, even when I'm not cutting. It helps me line things up easily and keeps me straight!!! On the strips, I added a 1/16" red border and then a 1/8" Green border after that. On the inside panel, I used the 1/16" edge for the bottom layer strip and a 1/8" edge again in green. I have to say my 1/16" edge is probably my most used side. I mainly am making small projects and cards - so that tiny little border is super nice as a layer.

 Here's a close up so you can see the sparkle. I used a Viva Holographic Glitter Pen. I squeezed a glob out on scrap paper and then just used my finger to dab it over the entire surface of the letters. The glitter is very fine and it does not flake off when it dries. Just dabbing a thin coat also makes sure that your card stock wont buckle. 

I die cut the Merry a second time, cutting out the individual letters and popping them up. This added dimension but also reinforced the letters, giving them even more support.

The Christmas word is a portion of the Merry Tree die from Impression Obsession. I cut out Christmas three times and glued them together, forming a little chipboard like element. Much nicer look and feel over using just one layer of paper!

Here's the inside. All of the printed paper I used is from Graphic 45's 'Twas the Night before Christmas Collection. The finished card is 5 1/2" Square.

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. As always you have made a master piece worth sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Jenny. Love the added dimension of the words and the sparkle! I too can't live without my Perfect Layers rulers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks super complicated and amazing!

    ReplyDelete