Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Impression Obsession - Thanksgiving

It's an Impression Obsession Thursday! Our theme for this week's challenge is Thanksgiving! Play along with us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate and do a little early Christmas shopping for yourself! Find all the details on how to enter your card on the Impression Obsession Blog

See what the team inked up this week:

Jenny Gropp - You are here!
I thought I'd change it up a bit for a Thanksgiving card... taking a break from all the turkeys and pumpkins! This little bunny couldn't be cuter! I'm always a fan of Gary Robertson's images... they just scream to colored with Copics! I should try and color the apples green sometime, but I always love that pop of vibrant red! 

 Here's the Copic assortment! I think a lot of people sometimes shy away from some of these images that have a lot of shading drawn in, but really they are more forgiving to color than an image with no shading. After coloring my image, I used the edge of my scissors to rough up the edges a little. Before I added it to my card front, I inked up the edges with a little Chestnut Roan to give it a little more of a rustic look.

On the inside I added the Happy Thanksgiving sentiment (love this font!) and an extra little wheat stalk die cut. Again, I used a Chestnut Roan Cats Eye to ink up the edges of my card stock. Finished card is an A2.

  • Stamps by Impression Obsession: Apple Pail with Bunny #H1973, Happy Thanksgiving #D9401
  • Dies by Impression Obsession: Wheat Die #DIE085-X
  • Paper: Cranberry, Kraft, Grey, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Other: Jute String, Bow Easy Tool, Perfect Layer Rulers, Chestnut Roan Cats Eye, Foam Tape, Copics, Misc. Button

8 comments:

  1. Love the pail of bright red apples. And the cute little bunny. A very nice card. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a beautiful card with lovely colors !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, inside and out - a gorgeous autumn card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Jenny-what a pretty pretty stamp-and so beautifully colored and designed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is as sweet as can be! Your coloring is amazing, as always! ~ Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super autumn card! I love the image and you tailored to the season....clever! You did great on the little touches too....like the wheat stalk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness, this is so cute, just has to make one smile...I know I did..a super cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! Perfectly beautiful Autumn card.

    ReplyDelete