It's an Impression Obsession Thursday! Our theme for this week's challenge is Thanksgiving! Play along with us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate and do a little early Christmas shopping for yourself! Find all the details on how to enter your card on the Impression Obsession Blog.
See what the team inked up this week:
Jenny Gropp - You are here!
I thought I'd change it up a bit for a Thanksgiving card... taking a break from all the turkeys and pumpkins! This little bunny couldn't be cuter! I'm always a fan of Gary Robertson's images... they just scream to colored with Copics! I should try and color the apples green sometime, but I always love that pop of vibrant red!
Here's the Copic assortment! I think a lot of people sometimes shy away from some of these images that have a lot of shading drawn in, but really they are more forgiving to color than an image with no shading. After coloring my image, I used the edge of my scissors to rough up the edges a little. Before I added it to my card front, I inked up the edges with a little Chestnut Roan to give it a little more of a rustic look.
On the inside I added the Happy Thanksgiving sentiment (love this font!) and an extra little wheat stalk die cut. Again, I used a Chestnut Roan Cats Eye to ink up the edges of my card stock. Finished card is an A2.
- Stamps by Impression Obsession: Apple Pail with Bunny #H1973, Happy Thanksgiving #D9401
- Dies by Impression Obsession: Wheat Die #DIE085-X
- Paper: Cranberry, Kraft, Grey, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
- Other: Jute String, Bow Easy Tool, Perfect Layer Rulers, Chestnut Roan Cats Eye, Foam Tape, Copics, Misc. Button