Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Impression Obsession: Season's Greetings with Graphic 45!

It's an Impression Obsession Thursday! Our theme for this week's challenge is Holiday Greetings! Join us and play along and knock out a few of those holiday cards! Tis the season! Play along with us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate! Find all the details on how to enter your card on the Impression Obsession Blog

See what the team inked up this week:
Jenny Gropp - You are here!
 Graphic 45's new collection, Time to Flourish, landed today so I was anxious to play with it. I paired up some holiday IO Dies with the beautiful paper and had a great time just playing around! On my first layer I used the Holiday Top Word Edger Die, I love how this cute the sentiment part way on a panel! I used the largest frame in the Rectangle Frame Set and added my picture behind the frame.

 I used the largest piece in the Rectangle Frame Die set to frame my printed paper. I added a 1/16 border around the edge using my Perfect Layer Rulers. The frame die embosses a tiny little circle in each scallop, I decided to punch those circles out using my Japanese Screw Punch. The small embossed area made for a perfect map to punch the holes nice and evenly. I broke out needle and thread... using gold embroidery floss to edge the framed piece.

 I added a little more detail with the bell die cut (from Christmas Icons Set) and little fir sprigs tucked into the bow. I popped each of the panels up using foam tape. I also fussy cut two more poinsettias from the paper and layered them using papercrafting silicone to help add dimension. In the center of the poinsettia I added a dollop of Viva Gold Glitter Liner.

On the inside, I used the beautiful Merry Christmas Die. My favorite way to adhere small little die cuts like this sentiment is using a ballpoint glue pen. I used left overs from the printed paper and added a coordinating strip on the left side. My card is 4 1/2" x 6" and opens at the bottom, tent style.

4 comments:

  1. awesome. love the print paper, and the extra poinsettia for the holiday touch. I love that you show us the inside as well. a gorgeous card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, I love snowflakes and poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. Puts me in the holiday spirit!

    ReplyDelete