Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Twas the Night Before Christmas, Perfect Layers and a Video!


I'm sharing a fun Graphic 45 card with you today and talking about my Perfect Layer Rulers. I even made my first video for this post. It was made on the spur of the moment... no editing and the husband was the camera man. So, be forgiving! I definitely want to share more videos in the future and I'll get up to speed with better video techniques and a stand so I can cut out the husband having to help! Hmmm... maybe some Copic Coloring Videos!

I used Graphic 45's Twas the Night Before Christmas Collection (8x8 and 6x6)to cut out the focal point and to create my layers.

After cutting out my red pattered paper I used my Perfect Layer Ruler with the 1/16" edge to add a clean ivory layer. My 1/16" edge is my most used edge... I just love that skinny layer.

In the quick video above (you may want to enlarge it) you can see how I add the striped paper all the way around the edge. I wanted my stripes to frame the paper in different directions instead of being ALL vertical or horizontal. Again this video was a spur of the moment thing... I'll get better! 

I used Impression Obsession's new Holly Die to cut out a few flourihses. I used Copic G46 to add a little extra color to liven them up.

 I fussy cut my main Santa image out from an 8x8 piece of paper, framing it with some circle die cuts. I tucked my cut holly pieces in under my layers. I added a few red enamel adhesive gems for berries. Foam tape between layers adds a little dimension. I did use a Chestnut Roan Cats Eye to ink up the edges of the Graphic 45 paper.


I added the Love and Joy sentiment on the inside, cut out with a stitched rectangle die.  Again, lots of little fun layers on the inside as well! Finished card is an A2. 

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your video! Enjoyed it. Great way of framing paper with stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your video was great, and you did a wonderful job showing how the frame was made!! I loved the idea! I sooooo enjoy all your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, wonderful first video! You and hubby make a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your tutorial, Jenny! What a super cool idea, and saving of paper too! Awesome! Look forward to more videos! Joleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a Beautiful card and what a Great way to use the striped paper as a frame... Love that, and thanks for the How-to-viedo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jenny for the video. I was just about clean out my scraps and put them into the recycling bin. I love to layer cards but I hate the wastage of the paper behind the top layer. I now have a use for all of my scraps!

    ReplyDelete