Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Impression Obsession - Cat in the Hat Jack

It's an Impression Obsession Thursday! Our theme for this week's challenge is Ghoulish Greetings! Some come on and play along with us with a fun Halloween card! I always love Halloween... purple, black, green and orange... any crazy color combo can work! Play along with us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate! Find all the details on how to enter your card on the Impression Obsession Blog
HUGE thanks to all of you that followed the Blog Hop this week! Your comments were so wonderful to read! I hope we didn't cause too much damage to the budget!

See what the team inked up this week:


Jenny Gropp - You are here!


After our Die Blog Hop this week, I was ready to pick up my Copics! When I'm in the mood to color one of my favorite stamps to reach for are the scenes that Gary Robertson creates for Impression Obsession... preferably a scene that has his signature little black kitty tucked in there somewhere! On this Cat in the Hat Jack, Mr. Kitty is front and center! 

 On the inside liner, I used the Alphabet Stencil Dies to spell Boo! along with the Square Cut Out Border along the side.

Here's the up close... my picture got a little washed out... it's pretty vibrant in person. Whenever I color a busy scene like this I like to keep the rest of my card pretty simple. I like to show off the image! Finished card is 3 5/8" x 5 1/2". I added Wink of Stella Clear over the pumpkin... can't resist Stella.

15 comments:

  1. Omg, my two favorite things, a kitty cat and Halloween. This is so detailed, and I love the coloring. Your awesome at blending!! I want to make both your Halloween cards put them in frames with ribbon and hang them around the house. Lovvvve it, gotta have those dies. Thanks for sharing and the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card and your coloring of the image is beautiful. Gary does have some beautiful images. It's hard to pick what to buy when you're on a budget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, how darn cute is that! Love it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny.. this is so awesome. Your coloring is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great coloring on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful but creepy card. :) Love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this cat
    in the hat in the pumpkin!
    Loving that cat pumpkin.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're the copic queen! this is awesome and so detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow...it's the "cat in the hat" and a pumpkin. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an amazing card! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely wonderful coloring. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors on your card and that cat in the hat is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. I really wish you had shown which Copics you used.

    ReplyDelete