Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

SSCB #35 Summer's Last Hurrah Challenge

Serendipity Stamps Challenge Summers Last Hurrah continues! Fins inspiration in any summertime theme and play along in our challenge for a chance to win a gift certificate.  Almost anything goes as long as you use a Serendipity Stamp or Die. One design will be chosen for the SS Winners Badge and one design will be chosen randomly for a $20 Gift Certificate to be used at the Serendipity Store! If you are new to our challenges you can find all the details here on the Serendipity Challenge Blog!


Take advantage of the free shipping special with Serendipity Stamps. Any order over $15 receives free shipping. Special is available thru September 24, 2014.

A big welcome to Bridget Finlay who is our guest designer for September! 

Here's some inspiration from the DT 
Vickie Zimmer
Jeanne Jachna
Jenny Gropp - you are here! 
Julie Warner
Karen Amidon
Marybeth Lopez

Summer's last Hurrah sounds pretty good to me. I'm over the humidity and the heat in Atlanta and ready to welcome fall! I thought I'd color up one of my favorite flowers from Serendipity, the Large Geranium.

The DT had a challenge twist to use a picture for inspiration for our card. 
I found this beautiful picture (below) on a photographer's blog- Greece in My Heart. Check out her blog with a cup of coffee and sit back and look at some inspiring pictures.



 I used the Out of the Box technique with an oval nestie to cut out my flowers. B00 and B0000 were used in the background. My assortment of flower colors were chosen to match my card stock.

 Here's the up close. I've used foam tape in between layers to add dimension. I could not find my Wink of Stella Clear Brush pen, so there's no sparkle on the flowers. I tried not to panic... I know Stella is in there somewhere. Totally addicted to that glittery pen!

On the inside, I used a portion of Serendipity's Floral Frame along the bottom edge... creatively cutting away the top portion of the frame to make this little border. I added the pretty Hello Die so this card could be used for any occasion. The card is an A2 and opens tent style at the bottom. 

11 comments:

  1. Lovely card!! Just beautiful!

    kReN@ http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think your Geranium could look more alive!!!! Just LOVE the whole look you created, inside and out!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely geranium and lovely card ! I love the red background and the filigree delight frame ! Its a wonderful association !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Jenny! Your geranium is gorgeous! I love geraniums and your deep red is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The geranium is gorgeous! And I love that technique you use to have the image extend beyond the die cut. Every time I do that it's a hot mess. I need to visit you to watch this in action! Beautiful as always Jenny! You still amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The way you color this geranium is just gorgeous! Love the way your did the ribbon through the beautiful die! Gorgeous,Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning geranium in gorgeous vivid red - the red and green combo is so striking and I'm loving the striped green ribbon! Beautifully framed too! It's been fun designing with you this month, I've enjoyed the inspiration from the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stunning! So beautifully colored! I have never tried the out of box technique...but this lovely card sure makes me want to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!! Love the out of the box....I need to practice that... don't cut close enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful! I love that die cut frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful inside and out. Love the colors used. Perfect. - Jim

    ReplyDelete