Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Serendipity Stamps Challenge #35 - Summer's Last Hurrah

 September is here! And it's time for Serendipity's new challenge, Summers Last Hurrah! This could mean a vacation, back to school, your garden planting...whatever you have planned before summer summer comes to an end! Almost anything goes as long as you use a Serendipity Stamp or Die. One design will be chosen for the SS Winners Badge and one design will be chosen randomly for a $20 Gift Certificate to be used at the Serendipity Store! If you are new to our challenges you can find all the details here on the Serendipity Challenge Blog!


SALE~ 20% off the Words and Verse category~SALE
Good through September 10th at Serendipity Stamps.

A big welcome to Bridget Finlay who is our guest designer for September! 

Here's some inspiration from the DT 
Vickie Zimmer
Jeanne Jachna
Jenny Gropp - you are here! 
Julie Warner
Karen Amidon
Marybeth Lopez
Bridget Finlay


There is always a twist for the DT! Along with the Summers Last Hurrah theme we were to add paper piecing! If you like, play along with us and add that too! My paper piecing is  not obvious. I colored and cut out a second stem and leaves, coloring them darker and pieced them over the original. This also added a little bit of dimension as well. I combined the wishing you sentiment with the sunshine sentiment.

 I stamped my image and sentiment using Memento's Espresso Truffle ink. I added piercing and airbrushing before removing it from the die.

 After coloring with Copics, I wanted to brighten it up a bit. I used a White Sharpie Fine Tip Pen to go back and add in white areas. I stamped and colored the leaves a second time, cutting them out and piecing them back in place for a bit of dimension.

Here's the up close. The card measures 5 1/4" x 3 3/4" and opens tent style. Flower and Stem ended up nice and sparkly with a little application of Clear Wink of Stella!

6 comments:

  1. WOW!Beutiful card!!!Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is image is perfect for late summer. Great coloring...and your piercing is always so neat and precise...I always forget to try that on my cards...(maybe it's because mine never looks as nice as yours...smile...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The depth and shading on your coloring just blows me away. Every last detail is down right perfect Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, your sponging and highlighting are incredible, Jenny - it adds such depth! Beautiful piercing too, absolutely perfectly done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its beautiful Jenny! You always amaze me with your coloring

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful all in neutral colors, Jenny! Love the white highlights.

    ReplyDelete