Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Impression Obsession - Snowy Peace

It's an Impression Obsession Thursday! Our theme for this week's challenge is Square Cards. Any theme, just keep it square... easy enough! Play along with us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate! Find all the details on how to enter your card on the Impression Obsession Blog

See what the team inked up this week:

Jenny Gropp - You are here!

 It's an odd card that I only use dies... no Copics, no stamping... but that's how it evolved! I'm all over the new dies and coming soon we'll be tempting you with a blog hop showing all the new dies off! I used the Snowflake Background Die and did some creative cutting to use a portion along the bottom. The Peace Die is also from the newest release.

 On the inside liner, I used the Snowflake Cut Out Dies, which leave a beautiful peek-a-boo snowflake shape! I LOVE these!!! 

After cutting out my elements I adhered them to the wintergreen paper. I then ran it thru an embossing folder... quilting all the elements together. The embossing was very deep and I wanted it a little softer so it didn't compete with the beautiful snowflakes. I used a folded piece of paper and put my embossed panel in that and ran it thru my machine, which slightly flattened out the embossing, leaving a subtle texture. Finished card is 4 7/8" square. I embellished with three little sequins only. NO BOW... shocker.

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! Love the shade of green too, unusual for Christmas, but very effective. Super inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! Love it inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card. Simple but to the point. Great color too. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card.. so clean and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, this is a real beauty! I love that you embossed it after adding the text and snowflakes! Miss y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning word dies--- such detail. I love embossing and the peek-a-boo effect.

    ReplyDelete