Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Impression Obsession - Beautiful Backgrounds

It's Thursday which brings us to a new challenge with Impression Obsession! Our theme for this week's challenge is  Beautiful Backgrounds. Play along with us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate! Lots of brand new fall and holiday dies are in the shop! Find all the details on how to enter your card on the Impression Obsession Blog

See what the team inked up this week:

Jenny Gropp - You are here!
Vicki Garrett - off this week

 When I saw the challenge theme I knew exactly which background stamp I was gonna ink up! I loved this beautiful Cover-a-Card background Blossoming Branches, it's new, from the last release. And... just out of the box the mailman brought... I used one of the new Bottom Edger Dies!

 I stamped the Blossoming Branches background in Memento's Espresso Truffle. Even though this background looks like it would be a lot of work to color, it really wasn't. I had Netflix on and markers in hand. The little flowers were really just quick dabs with the marker.  Along the bottom I used the Bottom Edger Greeting Set. I made a mistake in leaving so much white space in between the edger die and the stamped image. So I just added a slice back in... hiding the seam under my ribbon. = )

 I added the Fancy Butterfly Die Cut, curling it around my fingers to give it a little dimension. I used Collall (dimensional silicone) adhere it to the card so it would keep it's curves.

On the inside I added one of the new sentiments... Strength, Hope, Blessings... love the mixed fonts and the message! I added one more little butterfly covering it with Wink of Stella for a little sparkle. The card is 4" x 5 1/2" and opens at the bottom tent style.

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. Wonderful warm colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderfull card. I love this background too ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, just gorgeous. Love those butterflies, and the background is perfect. thank you for showing the inside...have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card and how you fixed your white space issue...very clever! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very eye catching and love the colors. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I need that background stamp, all of these stamps and dies have suddenly gotten put on my wish list! Love the ribbon and twine too. :) Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, wow. Such a beautiful card. Your pick of colors is wonderful. Great fall card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The background fits so beautifully with the bottom edger greeting and I always love it when a 'mistake' can be remedied so easily and especially when it's never known unless pointed out. The inside is wonderful, too, and am so glad you included it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honestly hate seeing that awesome background covered, even in vellum! Gorgeous! Beautiful rich butterfly card too!

    ReplyDelete