Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Serendipity Stamps - Holiday Thinking of You


Our monthly Serendipity Stamps Challenge continues for August. This challenge is sweet and simple... just make a card with a "Miss you" or "Thinking of You" theme. Find all the details of how to play along with us on the Serendipity Blog. The DT was supposed to use the same image as we did on our last challenge card.... BUT my scratchy notes did not reflect that. So.... I'm wearing my dunce hat with my Christmas card. The DT was also supposed to "fussy cut" something on our cards... and I did manage to do that!

Check out the eye candy:

We still have a special guest designer with us this month... the talented Kecia Waters! Kecia's blog is Stamping Deets, check her out... your jaw will drop over Kecia's amazing coloring!!! 


Since I failed to read the directions about using my ghost image again from the last challenge... I have a Christmas Card to share with you today. I wish I was that person who started with the Holiday cards and tasks ahead of time. Sadly, I'm not. I used the Holiday Mailbox today, it's an easy color and allows for some sparkle to be added with the snow areas.

 After stamping with Memento Tuxedo Black, I cut it out with a Spellbinder's Circle Nestie. I airbrushed with Copic B00 and added some piercing around the inside edge of the die.

 Here are the colors I used to color the rest of the image. You can see I fussy cut a second bird and bow to pop up over the image for dimension.

 I used foam tape for dimension in between layers. I gently rounded my cut out bird and bow and popped them up using Collall - Dimensional Silicone. I added a little Viva Holographic Glitter Pen for sparkle. I also die cut a few little fir sprig branches to add under the popped up bow.

On the inside I added the Thinking of You sentiment, stamped in Memento's Cottage Ivy. This is a great bright Holiday Green! Finished card is 5" square.



4 comments:

  1. Love this little Christmas mailbox! Wonderful colors and sparkle. The die cut framing is so eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Your coloring is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is perfect so take the hat off! Love the extra details with the Viva glitter pen and the fir sprigs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful Christmas card. The design and color contrast is to well done. Great coloring too.

    ReplyDelete