Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

Serendipity Fall Blog Hop!



It's a Blog Hop with Serendipity Stamps! We are are showing off some new great Fall and Halloween stamps and dies! Hoppers have until September 1'st to leave a comment on the posts.... a random commenter will be chosen. The winner will be announced on the Serendipity Blog on September 2, 2014.   The Prize?  A $20 gift code off your next order.  Want a second chance to win?  Like us and Share Serendipity on Facebook!  Facebook winner will also receive $20 off their next order.

Here's the Hop Order:
Jenny Gropp   - you are here!

CARD 1
 Of course I was gonna color up the Kitty and Jack image for my first project! 

 I airbrushed using V25 and V28, masking the moon. Warm Greys on the rock wall a,d the Cool Greys are used on the kitty.

 On the pumpkin I added Crackle Accents to give it a little shine and texture. On the moon there is a fines sheen of holographic glitter...but it doesn't how in the pics! =(  I used foam tape between the layers to add dimension. 

 Here's the inside... simply stamped with the Fraidy Cat Sentiment along with some simple side layers to bring the colors inside too.

CARD 2
I wanted to make a CAS card with the new Boo die... love this easy and fun die! 

 I cut the Boo out a white piece of paper. I ran the paper thru the spider web embossing folder. I then used my small brayer to ink up and brayer over the embossed panel, so that the web lines would remain white.

This is the back side of the card front.
 I cut the Boo die out of the card base as well and added a piece of acetate in between the layers. My die placement was a tad off but it worked out fine... I cut the die in black and glued it in and it ended up giving me a little black under shadow from the front side.

 You can see the black die fits in flush with the paper and is not messy looking at all.

 Here's the inside of the card with one of my favorite sentiments... Have a Wicked Good Day!

I tried to take a picture so that you could see the acetate... but this was the best I could manage! 

Keep hopping! 
Here's the Hop Order:
Jenny Gropp   - you are here!


18 comments:

  1. Serious artwork beauty on the first card, Jenny! Lovely crafty goodness on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards Jenny, as usual!! I thought the spider web was a die, not am embossing folder!! Super cool technique!! You are so creative! Joleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like all the elements to your first card, Jenny and of course, the coloring. It was interesting to see how you created the Boo! part of the second card - a different technique for me. I enjoy your talent and am always glad to see what you come up with - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one colors like you Jenny!! Beautiful!!! And I love your clever peek a boo card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing cards I would love to case - love that Peek-A-Boo window! =^^=

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are just too cute, inside also! Love that little cat on the first card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cards are so pretty. The coloring is great.
    Love the tip on shading Boo.
    thanks for sharing some fun cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny your cards are wonderful! I wish I could color stamps like you! Stunning, even the insides!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects. Love the sentiment. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these are super, Jenny! Your little kitty & jack card is wonderful and I love your spiderweb w/ the cut out BOO.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards...I LOVE the cat & Jack though...great coloring and design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always your cards are fabulous. I love the Kitty and Jack card, especially the crackle on the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow these are fabulous!!! Love the coloring on your first card! And great sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love both of your cards! These new Halloween and Fall stamps are great!! You did a great job coloring the kitty and pumpkin, especially love how you did the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't make me pick a favorite, because I don't think I could. I'm loving the colors on the first one, along with you fabulous coloring. Card #2 is striking. Such a nice design.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Both cards are just amazing! The colors the design! So nicely done!

    ReplyDelete