Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Impression Obsession - Friendship Kitty

It's Thursday which brings new challenge  with Impression Obsession! Our theme for this week's challenge is  Friendship. Play along with us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate! Lots of new rubber and new dies are in the shop! Find all the details on how to enter your card on the Impression Obsession Blog

See what the team inked up this week:

Jenny Gropp - You are here!

I've been in the mood to color... I chose this Gary Robertson image, Cat Nap, to play with for this week's friendship challenge. I folded my card base and then ran the folded piece of paper through my Vagabond with the Border Die to create the perfectly lined up edges. After adding a couple of layers to mat my image, I used the new photo corner dies on the opposite corners to embellish.

 I used a lot of Copics on the image. Mainly because I was just playing around and watching Netflix while I colored. My cat was originally grey, but I kept coloring and then it wasn't grey any more!

Chair Legs - E55, E57, E59
Cat - C5, C7, C9, E34
Shading under chair - W1, W2
All other colors were mixed up and used on the quilt.

I guess they knew that I was posting a kitty card! Typically as soon as I turn the light tent on... here come the cats. Tonight was no exception. Luckily, I got my card pics in quickly. They love to sit in the tent when the lights are on... diva cats for sure that want to be in the spotlight. Z is the black cat and the oldest, Thumbelina is the little sister that constantly antagonizes him. As soon as the lights went out in the tent they were off and running. They look a little menacing in this picture, but they are both sweeties! 

 Here's the up close. I used the Thinking of You sentiment from the new clear set Basic Greetings, love this set it has every greeting you could need! I inked it up with brown ink and then tapped it in black to get a mixed of the two colors.

On the inside, of course I had to add a little kitty die! I used a photo corner die again as well.


10 comments:

  1. Love this card. We lost our 17 year old kitty this week. So seeing this card was kind of sad and sweet at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card. The coloring is perfect and also the use of the border die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous! Wonderful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely image, the warm browns are so comforting to fit the image. The lace edging, compliments the soft warm feeling inside and out. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card -- I really like your colours and the diecut edge adds that extra special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colouring of this great image - I really love all those wonderful browns and soft neutrals: - lovely!

    Roz M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! this is a magnificent work of art. Your coloring skill is exceptional. I love all the little touches like the photo corners and lacy doily edge. Your cats are beauties too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This card shows just how awesome your talent is. I absolutely have to have this stamp but will not be able to come close to what yours looks like. Thanks again for sharing with all of us the Copic colors you used on this beautifully done card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautfiul card and great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! Your colouring is fabulous! Gorgeous card and beautiful colouring!

    ReplyDelete