Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Taylored Expressions and Perfect Paper Crafting!



I'm happy to bring you a post today featuring Taylored Expressions and Perfect Paper Crafting Products! Both companies have been doing some very inspiring coordinated postings and of course you can leave comments on our posts for a chance to win. Both companies are giving away $50 Gift Certificates! 

Today myself and Stephanie Kraft have projects up for you!

You can find the other postings by visiting Taylored Expressions Blog and Perfect Paper Crafting Blog. Perfect Paper Crafting has more to offer than just the amazing Perfect Layer Rulers... check out videos of how to utilize their other great products to help you in the craft room!

I love coloring sunflowers! They can be all ranges of yellow and easily work for summer as well as fall cards. You can see where my Perfect Layer Rulers were used in all my tight layers, primarily using the small 1/16" edge. Below are the Taylored Expressions products I used for the card.


 I lightly airbrushed the background using Copic BG18 while it was still in the die. I also added some piercing along the edges. You can see the copics I used to color the image. The odd assortment of yellows were chosen to match the golden yellows in the patterned paper. 

 I used BG10 and BG72 to color the small blue flowers and also colored my ribbon with Copics to match. THe sunflower panel is popped up with foam tape for dimension.

I added my left over paper inside and once again used my Rulers to add the 1/8" yellow border behind the dot paper. I used the Banner Stacklets 2 again for the message panel, stamping a corner with the sunflower image to help tie it all together. 


22 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Your coloring is wonderful and I love the mats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I love the colors of the flowers - they look so real. The layering is great - if you have the right tools it's easy.
    The inside of the card is darling - just a hint of the flowers. Great idea.
    thanks for sharing a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW WOW! The coloring and color scheme are wonderful. I love the layering and the inside of the card look wonderful too. This is an excellent card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is beautiful! Love your coloring on this image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jenny, that card is breathtaking! Your coloring of that stunning image is incredible!!! I love that die and how you used it for layering on both the front and inside of your beautifully decorated card! What a masterpiece! TFS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love the die set you used and your coloring is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just beautiful, I love that stamp set, its in my wish list. Great color combo!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just lovely in so many ways!!! I love sunflowers, too. They are my favorite flowers!! So magical how they grow so big in one season! Thanks for sharing your card with us.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Love the coloring and the layout is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny, I love everything about this card and your coloring is so well executed. As always, the inside of of your card looks fantastic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS card Jenny!!!
    LOVE IT ALL, inside and out!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your PERFECT layers of CREATIVE INSPIRATION :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! Your layering and coloring is simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just love this image... and your coloring makes it perfect!!! The papers you pick are always just right, I don't know how you do it....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Jenny, this is just gorgeous! Love the aqua and gold together, your coloring is stunning, and the banner stacklets die cut with the tiny bit of flowers for the inside is fab! This is one inspiring card! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, your card is stunning! I love the colors, patterns and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card--love how you colored the sunflowers and the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is beautiful - your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow...amazing colors on your card and the layering is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE this sunflower image!! Your coloring is amazing and love all the coordinated layers. BEAUTIFUL!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a gorgeous card!!! Fabulous coloring, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful...your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So lovely and so wonderful! I love each layer and piece. The airbrush and coloring are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete