Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Serendipity Challenge #33 -Part 2 - Cool Colors with the Twinery

This week the Serendipity DT challenge is all about using "Cool" Colors and TWINE from The Twinery. You can always play along with our challenges with a chance to win a gift certificate! You can find all the info to enter on the Serendipity Challenge Blog. If you are in the shopping mood you can take advantage of the Buy three stamps and get the fourth Free Special going on now until July 23, 2014. If you are local, stop in to Impressive Ideas to take advantage of the same special offer!

Check out what the ladies came up with... some amazing summery designs this week!!
   Jen Cuthbertson~ Guest Designer 

The Dandelion Flower I used is part of the Flower Pops Set. I used a black pen to draw in some simple lines for stems. Part of our challenge was to use "cool" colors I thought this minty aqua fit the bill and it matched up perfectly with some of my Caribbean Striped Baker's Twine from The Twinery.

I stamped all my flowers and added my Birthday stamp using Versafine Onyx Black. I cut out the wishes word from an alphabet die. After cutting the panel out, I added a little airbrushing with Copics BG34 and BG53. Even with 358 colors, sometimes you still have to combine more than one color to get the right match!

In the center of the flowers I added a tiny Swarovski Crystal and also liberally used my Viva Holographic Glitter pen for some serious sparkles. It's much flashier in person than in the picture. I could not resist adding the piercing. 

On the inside, I used an Emerson quote, As we grow Older,  with the signature it took up a little too much room so I ended up not inking that portion of the image. Sorry Ralph!

 

5 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your card Jenny, as usual! I probably told you this already, but you are one of, it not the biggest inspiration for me! Thanks so much for your work and talent! Joleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I like the color and how you added all that lovely bling...this card is beautiful here...but I bet in real life with all it's sparkle...it's just spectacular. thanks for sharing all your details...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Jenny! My fave colors and I love the shape. Sweet little card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The words so pretty may get boring but they fit so well! This card is lovely. Can you give us the name of the patterned paper? It goes amazingly well with the twine... TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors you chose! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete