Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Serendipity Challenge #33 HOT Summer Colors

This week the Serendipity DT challenge is all about Summer Colors and TWINE. You can always play along with our challenges with a chance to win a gift certificate! You can find all the info to enter on the Serendipity Challenge Blog.

Check out what the ladies came up with... some amazing summery designs this week!!
   Jen Cuthbertson~ Guest Designer 
Birgit Edblom ~ DT Alumni

This little happy butterfly is from the latest release and is called Butterfly Nouveau. It's an easy color or easy to paper piece. It could be jazzed up quickly with some jewels in all those little round areas too... love an image with lotsa options! I used Spellbinder's Grand Labels 4 to create the card base and you can see I cut off the bottom point so that the card would stand up with a flat edge.
You can see the all the newest Stamps and Dies HERE!

 Leaving the panel in the nestie die, I airbrushed with BG34 and Y15. I added piercing around the edges, using the edge of the die as a guide. I stamped my sentiment in Versafine's Satin Red ink.

 I stamped the butterfly three times... once on the panel for the antennae. A second stamping was colored, cut out and glued over flat. The third stamping I only took the two wings shown out to the side... to pop up. You can see the Copic colors I used to color the butterfly. I have no clue why this picture looks like it neon green around the edges of the panel.

  Seriously... I'm gonna have to hide the Wink of Stella pen... I can't resist!!!! I love the beautiful sparkly results! I also used a clear glitter pen to add a little matching sparkle to the caterpillar word. I added my little twine bow and also popped up the last set of butterfly wings.

On the inside I added a simple Be Happy sentiment... so this could fly out for any occasion! 


8 comments:

  1. So lovely...beautiful coloring and sparkly touches. I love the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooooo how gorgeous! Love how you reversed the dark/light shading on the butterfly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Jenny! Love the summery colors and sparkle. A really sweet little card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shimmery butterfly Jenny! I was on vacation a few weeks ago but wanted to tell you your patriotic card was amazing! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute butterfly...so perfect for a summer theme..I like how you cut off the bottom of the die so the card could sit flat (now why didn't I think of that? LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that butterfly and perfect sentiment!! All the patterns/colors/dies are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, this card is fantastic! I love the airbrushed bg, and the pierced edge is so perfect, I thought you'd gotten a die for it!

    ReplyDelete