Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Impression Obsession - Summer Roses

A new challenge is up and we are introducing a NEW DT Member for Impression Obsession! Our challenge is all about summer this week! Why don't you play along with us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop for some new rubber from IO! Find all the details on how to enter your card on the Impression Obsession Blog

A big welcome to Karen Amidon who is joining the IO team! 
Visit her blog PaperLilies and Ink and prepare to be wowed! 

Check out what summer inspired creations the team came up with this week:

Jenny Gropp - You are here!
Vicki Garrett - off this week

 I went with some bright summery colors on this new Roses Tin image. I'm loving this new font on the Thanks sentiment.... You'll be seeing it quite a bit coming up with the new release! The green flourish die cut is from the Heart Flourish Die, i just cut off the heart portion. The grey die cut piece in the background is the Fancy Cut Out Border Die.

I stamped on Curious Cryogen White with Memento Black ink. I couldn't resist adding piercing around the edge... I know I do it all the time!  I added a little YR30 in the background and chose bright colors for the image to match my papers.

 I used the Square Shaker Die as a frame... slicing it in the middle and then hiding my cuts with a band of ribbon. I colored my ribbon with YG13 to match the bright green in the image.

 I added dimension with foam tape between layers. Under the Flag Die I used some Dimensional Silicone to keep the "curve" in place on the Thanks sentiment. 

On the inside... more pieces from the Heart Flourish Die... again minus the heart. Finished card size is 4 3/4" x 5 3/4". 

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is just stunning colouring. Just adore the beautiful layers and the green and orange is very striking.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many gorgeous details in this card. Love the curved sentiment and the colors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and amazing colors. Love the arrangement of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! And I love those little flourishes from the heart die, too! I use them lots w/out the heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the summer colors, and the textures you used here, an especially like the tutorial sections showing how to make spring come to life. ......have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your cards!!! You are the bomb!! You are my idol!! Joleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. so nice! love the green! your cards are just awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jenny ~ I fell in love with this card on FB so had to jump here to up close. Beautiful job. I love your frame and swirly flourishes. Your cards always make me smile!! :) Thanks for visiting on FB-- so glad I "found you" again in blogland!! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jenny, like your lay-out and coloring! Great card and hope I can inspire you too with my roses! creative greets Miranda

    ReplyDelete