Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Impression Obsession - Nautical Challenge

It's Thursday which means a new challenge starts up with Impression Obsession! Our theme is Nautical... which is so popular this year. Play along with us for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop for some new rubber from IO! Find all the details on how to enter your card on the Impression Obsession BlogSee what the ladies came up with this week with our Nautical theme:


Ellen Taylor - off this week
Jenny Gropp - You are here!


As I'm posting this - I just realized I didn't use a single stamp. Very unusual! It goes to show how very much dies have become such a big part of paper crafting. I think Kittie has influenced all of us with her very inspired die only creations! I had this shell paper in my stash and knew it was meant to paired up with IO's Shell Dies

 I cut the shells using Neenah Classic Crest Solar White #110 paper. The heavier paper allows for deeper texture impressions. I added some rough color using the Copics shown. 

Next, I made the shells SHINY! 
Cheryl Lea has been using Viva Inka Gold products all over the place tempting me in to a new product arena! So I finally opened up a jar and well, I'm in love! I used the Inka Gold Platinum (many colors available!) to pretty up my shells. While it does not show off well in my light tent pictures, you can see the beautiful results in the above picture that I took at my desk. I rubbed the tiniest bit over my shells and then used a soft towel to buff it out, leaving the beautiful pearl shine. Between Wink of Stella and Inka Gold Rubs I have a feeling something is going to be shining or glittering on every card!

 The starfish didn't make the cut, there wasn't room for him in the end! I used the Typewriter Lowercase Alpha to spell out summer. The shells really stand out as the focal point with the Inka Gold rubbed over them. I still worked a bow and button in to the mix, topping it with a little enamel adhesive dot. 

I need to put the starfish inside! I'll have to grab him from the desk... it was a late night crafting session! 



5 comments:

  1. This "NO Stamps" card is Besutiful... Yes these dies now are making things so much easer for us, not so much fussy cutting, I know I've started looing for stamps that par with dies because of that.... I'm I be Lazy????
    Love the background paper too, it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is stunning. Love how the shells came out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Jenny! The Inka Gold looks amazing on the shells. Now, I'm going to have to get those dies, too! LOL Love the monochromatic color palette, and the layout is fab. Love how you incorporated the twine and button with the die cuts. Thanks for the shout out!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!, you have inspired me to use the new product, I have used the Viva pen ink, love it. and love what you did hear with the shells. perfect accent to the soft brown.Well done.....love your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely ' krafty' sea creation Jenny! Love the colourscheme you've used, Miranda

    ReplyDelete