Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Serendipity Stamps Challenge #32 - Window Card


This week the Serendipity DT challenge is about making a window card... and the DT was also given the added twist of making it an accordion card. You can always play along with our challenges with a chance to win a gift certificate! You can fins all the info to enter on the Serendipity Challenge Blog.

Check out what the ladies came up with... some amazing designs this week!!
With July 4th around the corner I was inspired by Authentique's Pride paper collection.  I used Karen Burniston's Accordion Die Set to create my card base. In the center I used the Porch Flag image, only coloring the flag. I used just a portion of the Land of the Free sentiment, framing it with my Perfect Layer Rulers.

I used E50 and E81 behind the flag and removed a little color using the Blender Solution and a rag. Simple coloring on the flag as there is not a lot of room for shading. I chose my Copic colors to match up with the printed paper.

8 comments:

  1. A wonderfully patriotic card, I love that vintage style flag image, and the papers you used are a perfect match. A very clever card, your windows are super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, I'm so glad Sabrina shared your FB post so I didn't miss this fabulous project. I just adore what you've done with the theme, the colors, the feel - everything! I've put a link on Facebook on the KarenBurnistonDesigner page so other accordion lovers can come see your brilliant make. Thanks for choosing to use my die for your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you do it but I wish you'd send a little my way girl! Love the nostalgic look of your card and the fancy floating images. Would love to see a tutorial for that, and clever how you cut the background paper panels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the antiqued look of this & the "floating" centers in your windows. Have been seeing lots of stuff for the Anniversary of WWI (we have a renowned WWI museum here in Kansas City) and this hits it right on the nose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is so beautifully done. Really like that design, the colors...everything is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, Jenny! I adore patriotic themed cards and yours is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card fold is outstanding, Jenny! The card and all of the images are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete