Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Serendipity Stamps Challenge #32 - Window Card

Hi! I'm baaccck after a little blog break! My craft room has been sorted (somewhat) and I'm back in the stamping groove! Today brings a new challenge for June from Serendipity Stamps! You can always play along, we would love to have you! Find all the details of how to enter our challenge on the Serendipity Challenge Blog. This challenge is all about creating an opening or window in our cards using a die. 

Make sure and check out what the ladies have come up with today!
Jenny Gropp - you are here!

 Since Father's Day is right around the corner, so I thought I would go masculine today...  adding the Happy Father's Day sentiment. I got my fishy inspiration from Miriam! For an added element of fun we were to draw inspiration from a fellow Design Team Member's Card - I chose this card below by Miriam to get the creative juices flowing! You can read about here card HERE.
I used MFT's Rectangle Frame Dies to create my window frames - popping them up with foam tape. Behind the frame I distressed the edge of the aqua panel using a Blackbird Cat's Eye and also stamped the Fish Image several times, using first, second and third generation stampings. 
 I stamped my focal fish on pattern paper that had a hint of light tan polks dots - towards the tail portion. I thought it looked like scales a bit. I used a few Copics to add some light color: BG00, Y000 and G00. After I colored the fish, I made him sparkle using my beloved WInk of Stella Pen. It's hard to see in the picture but it was a perfect accent to make it look wet and shimmery! I curved the fish a bit and adhered it using dimensional silicone for paper (collall). I also inked the edges of the fish with the blackbird cats eye ink.

On the inside I just added some of my left over paper and a little strip of Bo Bunny black and white washi tape. Finished card is an A2 and opens tent style. And of course.... even a man card with a fish on it can carry off a bow!

10 comments:

  1. Fab Father's Day card, great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CASE and wonderful Fathers Day card! Love that fish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Fish! The way you have him to the side a poped up he looks like he's swimming off the card...Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card!!!Very pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Father's Day card and CASEing of Miriam's card. Your fish is awesome and the spots on the paper are perfect for his scales! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Masculine card. I like the layout you used and great colors...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, Jenny! The masculine theme, the colors, the layers...all so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your CASE!! The deep windows..colors... Are perfect for this masculine card! Gorgeous....or should I say handsome :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card - I know more than a few guys that would love this one Jenny! The layers, background stamping, and colors are perfect! I think I might just case you on this one... gotta get that stamp first!!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the frames on the first card, and the font on the sentiments is gorgeous! Two fabulous cards!!

    ReplyDelete