Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Impression Obsession - Masculine Challenge

It's Thursday which means a new challenge starts from Impression Obsession! 
It's all about doing something something masculine for this challenge! Join us for this challenge and a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop for some new rubber from IO. Find all the details on how to play along on the Impression Obsession Blog

Check out what manly ideas the team came up with:

Ellen Taylor - off this week!
Jenny Gropp - You are here!


I went cowboy for this masculine challenge. I stamped the Rodeo Silhouette 2 image and the Ride Hard sentiment using Versafine Onxy Black. After Stamping I cut it out with a rectangle die and added my piercing around the edge. I left it in the die and added a few layers of Copic Airbrushing using E07, E44 and E47. After airbrushing I used the Copic Fur Technique to add a little texture to the colored background. I also added a few dabs of smudged black ink.

 Simple layers on the inside.

I used my Perfect Layer Rulers to add lots of straight line layers. The main panel has some black jute string wrapped around it with the hardware brads for a little more of a manly touch. I refrained from adding a bow - it was difficult. I popped the main image panel up with foam tape for simension. The finished card is an A2 and opens tent style at the bottom. 

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Beautiful color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really a fan of the western cowboy theme, but I love your card. It is so handsome and the layout is fantastic. Your embellishments are perfect too. Thank you for a new insight on how to make a masculine card without the usual dress shirt or sports equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super idea for a cowboy, or sports fan. A good stamp, and wonderful texture to accent, the image.....well done. thanks for showing the inside as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great composition..I love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny... I must say that this card is one of my all-time favorite masculine cards!.... I LOVE IT..... everything, absolutely everything! Your inked background behind the image even looks like leather!.... GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this ultra masculine card, all of the details, layering...truly a work of art and framable!

    ReplyDelete