It's Thursday which means a new challenge starts from Impression Obsession!
It's all about doing something something masculine for this challenge! Join us for this challenge and a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop for some new rubber from IO. Find all the details on how to play along on the Impression Obsession Blog.
Check out what manly ideas the team came up with:
Ellen Taylor - off this week!
Jenny Gropp - You are here!
I went cowboy for this masculine challenge. I stamped the Rodeo Silhouette 2 image and the Ride Hard sentiment using Versafine Onxy Black. After Stamping I cut it out with a rectangle die and added my piercing around the edge. I left it in the die and added a few layers of Copic Airbrushing using E07, E44 and E47. After airbrushing I used the Copic Fur Technique to add a little texture to the colored background. I also added a few dabs of smudged black ink.
Simple layers on the inside.
I used my Perfect Layer Rulers to add lots of straight line layers. The main panel has some black jute string wrapped around it with the hardware brads for a little more of a manly touch. I refrained from adding a bow - it was difficult. I popped the main image panel up with foam tape for simension. The finished card is an A2 and opens tent style at the bottom.
- Stamps by Impression Obsession: Rodeo Silhouette 2 #D13166, Ride Hard #C13164
- Dies by Impression Obsession: Border Duo One Die Set #DIE017-V
- Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Blackbird Cats Eye
- Paper: printed paper from Authentique's 6x6 collection: Abroad,
- Other: Black Jute String, Hardware Brads, Adhesive Black Gems, Paper Piercer, Perfect Layer Rulers, Foam Tape